Just got my first RA Clicky...impressed!

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had always wanted one but I never had the available funds and motivation to get one, until a few days ago I made a trade.

I have a Tactical 140Cn with the black coated SS bezel, sweet. Just holding this thing makes me feel safe, I feel like I could break out an upturned crushed car with this in my hand.

I also have a few NT which I have put K2 emitters in and these blew me away, now comparing the output of the RA and NT im going to say the RA aint that far away lumens wise.

I estimated the NT 220 lumens, according to my Nitecore Extreme R2 at 220 lumens these are pretty even.

My question is, does RA rate out the front lumens or emitter lumens, Im gessing that Nitecore and Novatac rate emitter lumens and RA rate OTF lumens.

Anyone enlighten me here

m16a

Enlightened
I had always wanted one but I never had the available funds and motivation to get one, until a few days ago I made a trade.

I have a Tactical 140Cn with the black coated SS bezel, sweet. Just holding this thing makes me feel safe, I feel like I could break out an upturned crushed car with this in my hand.

I also have a few NT which I have put K2 emitters in and these blew me away, now comparing the output of the RA and NT im going to say the RA aint that far away lumens wise.

I estimated the NT 220 lumens, according to my Nitecore Extreme R2 at 220 lumens these are pretty even.

My question is, does RA rate out the front lumens or emitter lumens, Im gessing that Nitecore and Novatac rate emitter lumens and RA rate OTF lumens.

Anyone enlighten me here

When I first came into flashlights around mid 2008, one of the things I noticed right away was the consistent usage of HDS lights (and at that time, Novatac, since Ra wasn't yet out) as a lumen benchmark, because Henry was known for great accuracy with his lumen ratings. I assume this is still the same, and yes, they indeed rate OTF lumens.

chef4850

Enlightened
Great job on aquiring the RA clicky! it is a great light and very bright. I really like the tactical version better as it has better throw and I like this. i actually have mine in my pocket as we speak! and always will!

Chef

blub

Enlightened
I have a NT with the K2 and a RA Clicky 170cn, they're about the same as far as output, the RA out throws the NT, I think the RA in under rated. I know the RA will easily out last the NT battery wise.

Last edited:

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it might be that the Novatacs are overrated and RA are on the money.

How are your RA tints, mine is white on the er of green with a yellow hue around the hotspot, definetly a unique beam I kinda like it, I still cant get over how intense the hotspot is and how smoothly it blends into spill, also anyone got a Ti bezel on theirs, I have Ti bezels for my Novatacs and thinking about getting one.

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ra Lights output are stated in 'real' or 'out the front' lumens.

The guaranteed 85 or100 or lumens for 1 hour is always on the minimum side too.

There is no need for Henry to make lofty claims about his lights.
They are solid.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Ra Clicky 140 Cn myself. I do really like it. I will keep it until the new clickys/twisties come out and if I get a new one I will give this to my dad...