Olight Mini Titanium or Illumina Ti

BigDawg147

Newly Enlightened
Of those two I'm leaning too the Illumina Ti. Or is there another I should look at before I buy?

Let It Bleed

Newly Enlightened
It comes free with the M20 Prem. I use the Mini 10 times more than the M20, but that is expected. Of course you're talking about twice the money as the Mini by itself.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Both are nice little lights, you won't go wrong with either one. Do you prefer M-L-H or L-M-H interface?

There is also the Ti Preon I. If you are going to use it as a twisty, I wouldn't recommend it as I find it too smooth to use as a twisty. BUT, you can purchase the additional Ti clicky if you prefer clicky over twisty.

Just be warned that the Ti Preon marks up very easily. I used some steel wool on mine to get a nice looking finish that somewhat conceals the normal wear that these tend to develop.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Of those two I'm leaning too the Illumina Ti. Or is there another I should look at before I buy?

You can see both here, together with the Preon and a custom LiteFlux LF2XT.

The Olight has a rather low pwm frequency.
The circuit in Olight, Preon and IlluminaTi are probably based on the same design, but uses different programs in the microprocessor.

You can compare beamshots here.

DSC_0858.jpg

BigDawg147

Newly Enlightened
Since lights have changed so much since I bought my last one. M-L-H or L-M-H interface. Which I have no idea is or does. Any help would be nice thanks.

notsofast

Enlightened
That is the order of the brightness level when turned on. M-L-H medium, low and high.

Take your time read the forms a lot. Try to be patient and avoid thinking you need the light in a few days.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
That is the user interface. The two lights you listed are multi-mode. L-M-H and M-L-H describe the sequence that the lights progress through when you turn them on.

L-M-H = Low-Medium-High. M-L-H = Medium-Low-High. I believe that the iTP is a M-L-H. The IlluminaTi, due to an error at the factory, available either way but has a different LED between the two available models.

It's a personal preferrence, there is no right or wrong. People who like M-L-H say that Medium is the most used setting so having Medium be the default setting is most practical for them. I prefer L-M-H due to my needs, but M-L-H is in no way a deal breaker for me.

Adeon

Newly Enlightened
That is the order of the brightness level when turned on. M-L-H medium, low and high.

Take your time read the forms a lot. Try to be patient and avoid thinking you need the light in a few days.

It's easy saying. But when you need a light, you need a light, right?:devil:

BigDawg147

Newly Enlightened
Darn the Illumina Ti I want to buy. Battery Junction does not have in stock.

SixM

Newly Enlightened
IlluminaTi in my opinion.
Has it been mentioned the IlluminaTi has the XPG and the XP-E Q5 available?
I have the Stainless ITP so I'm basing my opinion from that.
The ITP's are very popular here but I don't care for the looks or the machining, way to slick for a tiny light. I love the Maratacs knurling and the IlluminaTi is a close second. I like the L-M-H sequence too. Mine also has a wonderful looking beam and no green tint. YMMV
If Titanium isn't such a big deal (after the IlluminaTi and two 4/7s minis I think I'm done with Ti.) Then I would look at the Maratacs, I like SS.

acrosteve

Newly Enlightened
I recently got a Klarus Mi X6 and have been very happy with it as my EDC. My dad is in town and I showed it to him, and he whips out his Illumina TI.:eek:

I don't know much about it, but it seems to have a slight edge on the Klarus for maximum output, but the low setting on the Klarus is lower than the Illumina. I do also like the L M H on the illumina over the M L H on the Klarus. And the Klarus has the additional strobe mode that the Illumina does not.

Last edited:

Latest posts