Please help I lost my fenix

lumitoid

Newly Enlightened
I have been away from this board a while but this week I lost my fenix 1aa I have carried for years. I have to replace it and am looking for the brightest 1 AA light with the warmest tint. I prefer a twisty (I know not the norm but I never have a twisty switch go bad) What I am after is a LED with the tint of a incandensent flashlight. Thanks for any suggestions.

Burgess

Flashaholic
i second that recommendation.

4Sevens Quark MiNi AA is an Excellent choice !

:thumbsup:
_

cistallus

Enlightened
1AA, twisty: Nitecore D10, Olight I15, Quark Mini AA, Maratac AA, IlluminaTi, ITP A2 EOS, Tank007 E07, Zebralight H50. I'd say the ITP A2 EOS - close to the Mini AA, not quite as bright but is usually a bit whiter tint (than the regular non-warm Mini).

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
the illuminati is AAA.........

but yeah the quark mini AA in neutral seems like an obvious choice. I love my quark mini 123 although i stuck with the regular cool white.

I guess it might be worth checking out shiningbeam.com too they carry a number of neutral lights, although it sounds like you were thinking of something a bit nicer if you are trying to replace a fenix.

lumitoid

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I will look into the Quark AA and others. One question, Do you have to turn the Quark on and off 3 times before you get to High Mode. That seems like a lot of twisting. I dont know if I was reading the right discription on 4 stevens site about the modes.

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
You can get Nitecore D10 SP with warm tint option. The switch on the Nitecore D10 is pretty much failsafe.

Last edited:

lumitoid

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Phaselock. I was looking at the D10 last night but did not know I could get it in a warm tint. Could you tell me who sells it.

duboost

Enlightened
Thanks, I will look into the Quark AA and others. One question, Do you have to turn the Quark on and off 3 times before you get to High Mode. That seems like a lot of twisting. I dont know if I was reading the right discription on 4 stevens site about the modes.
Yes you would need to twist it 3 times to get to high. If the twisting is a concern then look into the nitecore EZAA. It was available in a neutral tint as well, although i'm not sure if anyone has those in stock anymore. I'm sure with a wtb thread in the marketplace one would turn up soon enough though. You twist on for low and just twist further to get to high