Updated E1B, 110 Lumens????

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, now, did I miss something?

I was off the board for a few months, and now, while awaiting the appearance for the near mythical LX1, I see mention of a "new" E1B rated at 110 lumens? What gives?

Is this just SureFire acknowledging the fact that the E1B is actually a bit brighter than 80 lumens. Or, are they bringing out a new, or revised model, with a new LED, and more output? Are we actually going to now have an E1B rated at 110 and actually producing 150 lumens? :thumbsup: And, if that is so, will the low also be higher than the current model. I hope not. Please, leave us a low, low!

My new E1L output is right up there with my NovaTac 85, and the low is brighter than what I was hoping for, so I was of the opinion that to get an E1B would be redundant, offering me essentially the same output, with less runtime on high, and an even brigther low. Aaaarggggghhhhh..... Even with the reversed UI and the cool, smooth, won't-eat-my-suits exterior, and a clip that is actually useful, I don't think I'd splurge for it, having the E1L.

But if there is going to be one which is even brighter than the current model, then, maybe.... :whistle:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several other lights got an "upgrade" at the same time, like the E2D LED and the LX2, and I think the general view is that SureFire just got more accurate numbers. Could be the same here?

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they´re not exactly new... It´s the same E1B.

Maybe Surefire is telling us the truth now.
E1B was always 110 lumens... but in a recent past Surefire was too conservative in it´s propaganda.

I THINK... maybe someone can confirm that ?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm.the L4 was rated at 65 for a bit (when it first came out) and then it was rated at 100...but all CPF'er tests show that it's always been at 100[ish. I think SF doesn't want to end up like other companies, saying it has "XXX Lumens" and then under-delivering...so, they wait and get it right...

carrot

Flashaholic
SureFire has the habit of in-line replacement of LED bins so there will be a period of time when you buy an "old" light and actually get the higher rated one. The new lumen ratings suggest that SureFire has cleared out stock of an older bin and are comfortable with saying that an E1B you buy today will most likely be brighter than an E1B you bought a year ago.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2DL did get an upgrade in power. I was running a side by side comparison with my 200 lumens LX2 against my friend's 120 lumens E2DL. My LX2 appears slightly brighter. I next went to my local shop and tested the new 200 lumens ED2L against my LX2. Same level of brightness. I did also noticed that the E2DL had a slight cyan tint to the beam.

With that said, I had a strong believe that Surefire is indeed boosting up the power of the current E1B to be on par with the new specs of the LX1.

And BigBlueFish, the low for the new E1B is still rated at 5 lumens. The LX1 is rated at 10 lumens on low. And Surefire did mention about the difference in the low mode between the E1B and LX1 in the 2010 catalog.