Help an SF addict choose...

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so I ran into some extra funds, and have to select between two locally available SF's...

Namely, the E2DL (120 lumen version) and the E1B. I can only afford one at the time...so, based off what I have, which one would you get? I want both, trust me, but can only get one...for awhile

Based off what I have...

-M6
-M3
-C3 (M60)
-C2 (M60L)
-G2D-FYL
-E2L
-E1L (SINGLE STAGE 45 LUMEN)
-L4
-A2-WH
-KROMA
-U2
-6z (M60F)
-G2
-E1E
-E2E (MN02)
-G3 W/ KL3 (19 LUMEN MODEL)
-L2

...Which would better fill the gaps? I'm eyeing the E1B do to it's compact size and will be traveling a bit...and I'm limited on those (E1E/E1L), and want a good single-cell that's bright enough for self-defense app's. I've ALWAYS wanted the E2DL...but I have a few that already fit this lights profile...they're both the same price ($140 NIB)...which should I get? Sorry, I have OCD and can't decide for myself...like I said, I know what I'd get...BOTH...but, unforunately, that's not an option here...

Help me choose!!!

Thanks for your feed-back!

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote: E1B.

I love mine... she´s perfect in every single detail: output, UI, size, design, color tint, beam profile...

I have the silver one. It´s perfect for EDC due to it´s size and no knurling. I love it´s bi-directional clip too.

I just can´t see one bad thing about this light... I really love mine!

Maybe my old review can help you to decide: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/226777

Regards

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why are you limiting yourself to buy locally? You could have a greater selection online :)

(just wondering)

Well, it's just cause it's cash, and the lights here (military base) are cheaper than anywhere else...NIB anyways (G2L-$55, E1e-$64, etc.). I do enough purchasing online, and there's somethnig about seeing somethnig in-person and then buying it...i.e. having it "on-hand", knowing that you can run up there anytime and grab it..I still plan to get a few SF acessories online...

Read your review on the E1B LG...I think I'm leaning more towards that...but that E2DL is just so bad-arse...ARGHHH! If others only knew half the pain us flashies have to go through...

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say go for the E1B. Like Federal LG, I too own the silver one. It is the most beautiful Surefire in my entire collection. I am sure you would not regret buying it. The silver tone may look boring at first, but it is definitely a color that would grow on you. Suddenly all my natural HA III Surefire looks boring when placed beside the silver E1B.

I am not too keen on the E2DL. It doesn't come with the 2 way clip like the E1B which allows me to keep the light in my pocket bezel down, and the crenelation on the bezel and tail cap is a pain to carry in my pocket. I don't personally own the E2DL but I do own the E2D incandescent version and in a few weeks of carrying the light I had holes all over my 5.11 tactical pants' pockets. You would definitely need a holster to carry this light around.

I really wished that Surefire would manufacture a 2 cell version of the E1B as I like the 2 stage power, the fluted design, the 2 way clip, the silver color, and the lack of heavy crenelation.

Except the LX2 which is not a clickie (and not really a bad thing), nothing comes close to the E1B.

Niconical

Enlightened
E1B.

You have plenty of mutli-cell lights already.

Also, the E2DL is of course brighter on high than the E1B on high, but the E1B is still an impressive amount of light. If you got the E1B you're unlikely to be using it thinking "great, just a shame it's not a bit brighter", but if you get the E2DL you are quite likely to use it and think "great, just a shame it's not smaller".

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
E1B.

You have plenty of mutli-cell lights already.

Also, the E2DL is of course brighter on high than the E1B on high, but the E1B is still an impressive amount of light. If you got the E1B you're unlikely to be using it thinking "great, just a shame it's not a bit brighter", but if you get the E2DL you are quite likely to use it and think "great, just a shame it's not smaller".
Yes, very true! Before I bought the E1B, I already own the LX2. I loved it so much and it is my EDC light. When I bought the E1B, I find myself EDCing the E1B more often because it is smaller to fit in my pocket. Even though it is an 80 lumens light, it is not that much dimmer than the LX2 on high. Trust me on that.

But still I would love to have in my collection a 2 cell version of E1B even though it is going to be slightly longer.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well...E1B it is...unfortunatley, all they have is the bk one...but, this will be a nice compact light that I can slip into my badge holder when I deploy here soon.

Thanks for all the input guys and for helping me choose!!!

Last edited: