L2-L3

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Time will answer those and other burning questions I reckon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

McGizmo

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif ...........................

RY3

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

M

MeridianTactical

I heard the L4 was originaly the L2... (as in the number is the number of batteries...) I dont know why it was not named the L2...

I dont have an answer on the L3, i guess there is no reason for a 3 battery LED light when 2 will work as well as it does...

Chris

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he meant - why is there no dual level 1W, 2 cell light?

For that matter, why is the L4 not a dual stage light?

-john

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
John N said:

I think he meant - why is there no dual level 1W, 2 cell light?

For that matter, why is the L4 not a dual stage light?

-john

[/ QUOTE ]

The L1 is a dual level 1W light and part of vapor ware that recently became reality. Of the same generation vapor ware, a L2 was identified as a 2 cell dual level light, as I recall.

I believe it's safe to state and speculate that since we are in a time of rapid flux in technology and LED developement that the further out a projection is made on the make up and components of a product, the more likely that things will change between initial concept and final production. Other options are presented as time goes by and alternatives increase the need for re evaluation as well as decisions to be made based on new information.

Pardon the interuption and it's now back to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

- Don

r2

Enlightened
It makes sense to leave a little growing room in there, too, in case they decide to come out with another 1W L-series light. Rather than number them in the order they come out, ordering them by comparable function makes more sense.

On the other hand, Surefire already has about 47 different naming conventions which don't always make sense, so I guess this is just par for the course.

- Russ