Elektro Lumens EDC-MCE & Ra Clicky Executive

Gnolg

Newly Enlightened
First post, here we go:)
I´m in the market for a high quality EDC flashlight. I´ve been reading around on this forum and seen alot of good reviews for Elektro Lumens EDC-MCE & Ra Clicky Executive. Most people seem to go for the Ra though. I guess it comes down to preference. The Ra is more versetile with different output modes and is water resistent. The EDC-MCE has more lumen output but doesnt seem to be water resistent? As I´m planning on using this light on camping trips aswell that could be a problem. However the extra light output on the EDC-MCE is tempting. I dont see the wider flood beam as a problem. Any thoughts on this?

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EDC gets HOT very fast. This is a more of a problem than lack or waterproofness.

When I went for a hike with the GTA CPF last year, I was only able to use my EDC for 5 minute bursts before I switched back to my Mag P7.

The EDC have O-rings at the lens and both ends of the body. The spring pushes the button hard against the tailcap. No worries from rain, but I would not go swimming with one.

Of more concern is the less than 1 hour runtime on rechargeable batteries for camping.
CR123A batteries can be quite expensive if bought on the road.

For camping I would consider AA lights.
Zebralight 501 headlamp/backup pocket light.
2AA handheld from Fenix L2T to Quark AA2 (0.2/4/22/85/206 lumen).
4AA LED FOCUS AREA/ SPOT LAMP for inside the tent.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't compare these lights. The EDC-MCE is nearly double the size of the Cicky, no pocket light. Even the DeCree is bigger than the Clicky.

As mentionned, the EDC-MCE is a hot wall of light, I would compare it to the Surefire L4, but far brighter. The Clicky is available in different configurations, floodier, throwier or even high CRI. If you're looking for a floodier beam, the 140C is the best option.

Both lights are very rugged and tough though, while watr could be a problem for teh EDC-MCE, rain should be ok though. The Clicky can take a bath, even a deeper one.

This means : Buy both! :poke:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can buy 2 amazing lights for $250, or you can buy multiple excellent lights for $250.

general camping light requirements are not extreme, just a good light with long runtime.

id suggest you buy 4 excellent lights.

get 3 of the popular $50 lights here on cpf,

quark, nightcore, eagletac, lumapower, rominsen, itp, martac etc etc

they will all make you very happy.

and 1 p7. (50-$130 depending what you get ) so you can light up an area and impress people when you feel the need.