Need help on some close-outs

blinkjr

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. Newbie needs your help. :thinking: Target is clearance pricing their Life+Gear lights. The 2xC is ~$20, the 1xAA is ~$10. I know these aren't great lights, but the fact they have decent beams from common batteries is nice. For the same ~$30, I can get the Mag LED combo at Costco. I want to get one of these combos (either Life+Gear or Mag) to have around. Not for EDC. The AA would go in my briefcase for emergencies. The larger lights would be for general around the house usage.

I would appreciate any words of wisdom from all of you. :twothumbs

wingnut86

Banned
I'm pretty sure that the Mag combo is always priced like that. I'd go for the Life Gear lights and if you want the Mags later, they will probably be there for the same price...

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
you will end up with enough budget lights as a by-product of your affliction (flashaholic).
Do not deliberately set out to buy 40lumen budget lights.
You could get a $10 AA / 140lumen light re-sold in marketplace.
You could buy really decent Rominsen lights from $16 new (cr123, 2AA) format.

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
you will end up with enough budget lights as a by-product of your affliction (flashaholic).
Do not deliberately set out to buy 40lumen budget lights.
You could get a $10 AA / 140lumen light re-sold in marketplace.
You could buy really decent Rominsen lights from $16 new (cr123, 2AA) format.

+1

And CPF holds some really good and informative threads, that you can use to get an idea of what light (lights) to buy. E.G., click here.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
If these are the Cree lights, $10 for an 80 lumen 1AA light is a good deal. If I were in your position, I'd get the 1AA light for $10 and see if Costco has the Maglight set for $25 (the price has been bouncing back between $25 and $30). If you can get the Mags for $25, go that route. The 3D Rebel Maglite is about 150 lumens and that gives you the 2AA for only $5 more than you would have spent for just the 145 lumen 2C light.