Any E-CIG "smokers" here?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am. Quit the tobacco stuff about 6 months ago...never thought I could. At this point my favorite flavor is cinnamon. Came to realize I didn`t really care for the tobacco flavors after a while. I use the DSE 901.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Not a tobacco/e-cig user myself, but that sounds very promising that it's helped you quit the dangerous stuff.

They sell the e-cigs at a kiosk in the local mall; these particular ones are called "Smoking Everywhere" - I had a chuckle as I thought to myself, "I know some girls who are smoking everywhere.."
1267397299718.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
i also have the dse 910. havent used it in a while though. I didnt find it quite satisfying, and I ended up smoking more when I went back to normal cigarettes because when I used it I would be puffing constantly. While it may be healthier than regular cigarettes i dont think there has been extensive research into just how "healthy" it is.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'm strongly considering purchasing an E-Cigerette when sufficient funds become available -- they may be just as addictive, but would be a lot better for you than regular smokes.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm strongly considering purchasing an E-Cigerette when sufficient funds become available -- they may be just as addictive, but would be a lot better for you than regular smokes.

Well I breath way better...most noticeable on a cool morning...can enjoy the fresh air. Took me a month or two to completely drop the real thing...and it did take a little willpower/determination...but not much.

I had no intention of quitting...I just wanted peace from my 80 year old allergic mother...could smell it on my clothes...like a dam blood hound. I`m sure I still stink from time to time...but not from cigs.

I bought my starter kit off the internet for around $50. Hundreds of places to buy from. There is also a forum..operates just like this one http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ Take a look Craig.

I don't get why you wouldn't want to just quit tobacco/nicotine for real. I smoked for 10 years and am proud to say I have been smoke/tobacco/nicotine/etc. free for 14 months. I will never smoke another cigarette or take another dip again. Never, and I couldn't be happier.

I don't know a single smoker who can honestly look themselves in the mirror and say they enjoy being addicted to nicotine, regardless of the delivery method. It controls your life. E-cigarette aside, as a smoker your life revolves around getting your next fix. I hated living that way. You tell yourself fantasies that it's not that bad for you and you can quit anytime you want but it's all a delusion so you don't have to think about how hard it's going to be when you decide to jump in feet first and quit for good. Now with this E-cigarette all you've succeeded in is permanently attaching yourself to the contraption. As others have said, it seems by not getting the "real thing", it's even likely that many users would increase their nicotine intake thinking the device is "safe". Why???

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't get why you wouldn't want to just quit tobacco/nicotine for real. I smoked for 10 years and am proud to say I have been smoke/tobacco/nicotine/etc. free for 14 months. I will never smoke another cigarette or take another dip again. Never, and I couldn't be happier.

I don't know a single smoker who can honestly look themselves in the mirror and say they enjoy being addicted to nicotine, regardless of the delivery method. It controls your life. E-cigarette aside, as a smoker your life revolves around getting your next fix. I hated living that way. You tell yourself fantasies that it's not that bad for you and you can quit anytime you want but it's all a delusion so you don't have to think about how hard it's going to be when you decide to jump in feet first and quit for good. Now with this E-cigarette all you've succeeded in is permanently attaching yourself to the contraption. As others have said, it seems by not getting the "real thing", it's even likely that many users would increase their nicotine intake thinking the device is "safe". Why???

I would rather not start an argument that would likely lead to the closing of this thread. I am happy for you and your accomplishment :)

nasa779

Newly Enlightened
i had a 901 and a joye 501 and i liked it initially but i couldnt keep vaping because the cart wouldnt flow, i tried many many cart mods nothing really worked, also i couldnt really taste any flavors but menthol needless to say it failed

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, I agree about the carts...same problem here. I just top off often.