EagleTac went threw washer

shortstack

Enlightened
So my wife forgot to check my pockets before putting my pants in the washer and my EagleTac P10A was clipped on the pocket, head down. We have a front load washer, so the clothes tumble and there was a some paint missing on the tailcap, what im wondering is how well did the HAIII hold up? here are the pics
n1tcuc.jpg

24ee03q.jpg

n1yzax.jpg

Last edited:

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: EagleTac threw washer

it could have held up better, and i suspect your washer might have suffered some minor damage as well.

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened

More like you forgot to check your pockets, dude. It happens; that tailcap edge is a very high wear area on a light, at least in my experience, so now you don't have to worry as much about dropping the light etc.

branespload

Newly Enlightened

Eh, wabi-sabi. It gives the light some character, I guess.

Now time to divorce your wife...

ky70

Banned

More like you forgot to check your pockets, dude.
Exactly what I was thinking. Anything I forget in my pockets is fair game to be washed...my better half may or may not notice it but either way, that's on me.

OP didn't mention anything about it being operational or not so we can assume this baby is still firing out light. Great to Know the Eagletac still works after some abuse. I got a T100c2 last week and absolutely love that light.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened

When I read the thread title I thought that throwing a washer was an odd kind of fault to experience with any torch let alone an Eagletac but now I've seen the pictures I understand.

Where does one find a wife that checks pockets? Mine tells me anything in my pockets at wash time is up for a swim............

shortstack

Enlightened

I take everything out of my pants when I put them in the laundry but i must have forgotten also. The light still works as good as new.

antikythera

Newly Enlightened

When I read the thread title I thought that throwing a washer was an odd kind of fault to experience with any torch let alone an Eagletac but now I've seen the pictures I understand.

Yup. Same here. :crackup:

OT: At least you know the O-rings work now! :nana:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new EagleTacs have a hard rubber device that snaps on the tail cap so no worries about tearing up the cap. Couple it with a stainless steel bezel ring, the new models probably are more "washable".

carrot

Flashaholic

The tailcap is a very high wear area for a light. Even the best HA will show some wear there after a time.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast

The tailcap is a very high wear area for a light. Even the best HA will show some wear there after a time.
Very true. All my Nitecores, Quarks & Fenixs show wear after a short time.

The only light that hasn't shown any wear at all in over 8 months of EDC 'every day' is my Ra Clicky - not a mark anywhere!!!!

James....

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast

I suspect that's because the Ra Clicky has rounded edges?
I suppose your right now that I think about it. I have dropped my Ra on its' tail cap a few times though and I can't find a mark on the light.

My Fenix L2DQ5 as been dropped on the timber floor at home and suffered a large dent on the tailcap. My Nitecore D10 was dropped on the same floor at the business end and suffered a flattened section of bezel.:shakehead

Come to think of it, almost all my lights have battle damage except the Ra - and it's my most used light!!

James....:)