got aw flat top in eagletac t20c2

jv01

Newly Enlightened
18650 / 26 MaH flattop unscrew head remove the little black plastic ring around the brass contact that is on the end of the spring. jv

http://pbckt.com/sn.5l6

Last edited:

Gazerbeam

Newly Enlightened
Wow, great discovery, is there good contact, does it stay in place? You may have found a home for the three AW 2600's that are still waiting for my NEOFAB LEGION II to show up. Thanks for sharing!! :twothumbs

Last edited:

jv01

Newly Enlightened
used it yesterday for short time no problems will use it on monday for 8+ hrs . the brass disk sits inside of the depression of the battery top. i dont know how well it will work with rcr123 when that black ring is removed. Im not going back to rcr123. jv

Last edited:

Gazerbeam

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, this is exactly what I was wondering, did the black plastic ring survive removal, can it be reattached? Was it glued?

Last edited:

jv01

Newly Enlightened
mine did not there is a ridge on the brass ring. i snipped mine off . it looks like its just pressed on there.

i put the 123 back in they work fine to with out the ring. im sure the ring is a safety piece ,but it sure seems fine .

Last edited:

Gazerbeam

Newly Enlightened
The Eagletac JV01 mod sounds good to me, can't wait for your final report! The inability to utilize the 2600 and not throwing as far as I was expecting were the only things holding me back from purchasing the new Eagletac's. Know I have to go back and determine (for me) which performs best with the 2600.
:thanks:for being the guinea pig!

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Why not just put a small earth magnet on the positive contact surface of the battery and give the 18650 battery a contact?

Last edited:

jv01

Newly Enlightened
i am a newb it was easy-er to remove a piece of plastic then to add more parts. i have only been into flashlights for two months. my main light used to be a 18 volt ryobi for work.

lebox97

Enlightened
you removed the reverse polarity protection...
= :poof: to your warranty if you accidently insert the flat top backwards.

magnet on cell can shift-move, specially if you drop light = :poof: to your LI-ION cell.

I would advise the use of proper cells - not workarounds, it's just not worth the risk :confused:

Tod

mine did not there is a ridge on the brass ring. i snipped mine off . it looks like its just pressed on there.

i put the 123 back in they work fine to with out the ring. im sure the ring is a safety piece ,but it sure seems fine .

Why not just put a small earth magnet on the positive contact surface of the battery and give the 18650 battery a contact?

Timelike

Newly Enlightened
Removing that spacer from the flashlight worked like a charm for my flat top battery. Thanks a bunch for the tip. I'm super happy with the light. I'm coming from a Fenix Tk11R2, and this EagleTac is just a smidge brighter but the quality of the beam is a lot smoother and better.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice mod. I know this was a big issue for people not being able to use the 2600 mAh cells with the EagleTac! With this mod, definitely check the (+) and (-) on your cells, especially the flat-ended ones!! I usually double check my cell polarities anyway but you can never be too careful!