Have you seen this light?

bnemmie

Enlightened
So some time ago i came across a completely custom flashlight on the internet. It was really something to see. And now I can't find the page again. I had planned on using the page as a reference as I built my own.

The entire flashlight was encased in clear epoxy. Emiters, drivers, batterys, wiring...all of it. It had the size and shape of a brick. It was recharged by two bolts thatprotruded out the back of the epoxy so it could be connected to a charging source. (one bolt positive and one bolt negative I assume). I believe there was glow in the dark powder mixed in with the epoxy as well.

This may be a shot in the dark (dark...heh heh), but I have Google'd, Yahoo'd, and Bing'd every thing i can think of trying to find it. Now i think its bugging me more that I cannot find it, then the fact I dont have it to reference for my build.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it the "Chimera" that Sabrewolf is building? I'm not sure how to link to another thread, but look at Sabrewolf's profile and look at the threads he started for it.

Last edited:

bnemmie

Enlightened
Nope. Thats not it although that is a fine piece of work. This was as if the builder took the empty brick shaped mold, installed the guts of a flashlight, and filled the whole thing with epoxy or resin. Thanks for the info though.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that project was posted on the old flashlightreviews.com website, under homemade+modified.

I always thought it was a cool idea, as a lantern, but far more durable than commercially available options.

There's a thread floating around here from the guy who used to run that website, with a new address for it (as an archive) posted in the thread.

bnemmie

Enlightened
Thats exactly it. I am on flashlightreviews.com pretty frequently and i thought i went through all sections looking for it. Dont know how i missed it. Thanks for the help, kyhunter1!