Just got my Quark Mini123, it's so white! is there something wrong?

Are you happy with the color of your Quark?

• Yes

Votes: 69 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I don't have one but want to vote anyway!

Votes: 23 21.1%

• Total voters

csa

Enlightened
I just got my Quark Mini123. It's a sweet little light, and the size is just great. It's small, bright, and the three-mode twist interface works much better than I thought it would.

I'm just worried... after reading all the other threads, I figured it was going to be a crazy green color. Instead, it's a beautiful neutral white, tending towards blueish if it has any tint. I guess I might need to go to the eye doctor or something, but I really don't see what all the greenness hype is about. This is a really nice LED from a great bin in a fantastically small flashlight.

The only thing lacking is a bezel-down pocket clip. But that's ok, I'm working to fix that!

Thanks 4sevens, I love the light!

joshconsulting

Enlightened
Mine is amazingly, perfectly white. I had to pull it out and stare at it after reading this post. Not even the slightest tint of green on any mode; perfectly, smoothly eggshell white. Can't wait for my AW RCRs to get here for it.

bc62010

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Quark Mini123. It's a sweet little light, and the size is just great. It's small, bright, and the three-mode twist interface works much better than I thought it would.

I'm just worried... after reading all the other threads, I figured it was going to be a crazy green color. Instead, it's a beautiful neutral white, tending towards blueish if it has any tint. I guess I might need to go to the eye doctor or something, but I really don't see what all the greenness hype is about. This is a really nice LED from a great bin in a fantastically small flashlight.

The only thing lacking is a bezel-down pocket clip. But that's ok, I'm working to fix that!

Thanks 4sevens, I love the light!

Congratulations, Im still waiting for mine (seems like an eternity). When you get that clip issue worked out please share with the rest of us who would like clips on their mini 123's.

Last edited:

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
I went 50/50 in the R5 tint lottery.

One seaweed green mini ti 123, one quite white (on the cool side).

The better of the two looks better than a warm tint and seems brigter than the green one. The greenie also skips modes.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has a beautiful white tint slightly on the warmish side but with no hint of green. :grin2:

Definitely my Mini AA has a warmer tint.

Zendude

Enlightened
Tint lottery my friend and guess what...YOU WIN!:twothumbs

Also consider:

The MiNis are PWM(roughly the same current draw as a Quark on high but a lower duty cycle) so they don't show the green at lower levels like the Quarks do. My AA MiNis look identical to my AA Quark on high(one MiNi being a little cooler) but on low the Quark looks leans towards green.

Of course this is all irrelevant as long as your happy with it(green, blue or whatever). :twothumbs

Nice lights!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
Mine just arrived this past Friday. It has a very nice white color. I pulled it out of my pocket just now, to verify. I had also read about the green tint, fortunately, mine doesn't shine green.

csa

Enlightened
I hadn't realized that the regular Quark 123 was not PWM. Pity... I love my mini though!

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has the BEST tint ever!

It´s the most perfect tint of my collection.
Pure white!

carrot

Flashaholic
All of you who have perfect white Quarks, according to another thread, your Quarks are defective.

I guess that means y'all should return your "broken" Quarks immediately!

Fortunately I am willing to do the hard part of the returning process for you, just send them to my address.

wildweed

Newly Enlightened
Had mine now about 4 weeks and the tint is white ...no green :twothumbs Just love this light. The best tint of any light i own so far.:naughty:

strinq

Enlightened
Mine is slightly greenish but i am not complaining one bit.
Absolutely can't notice it when in outdoor usage and heck to me even in indoor usage.

Zendude

Enlightened
All of you who have perfect white Quarks, according to another thread, your Quarks are defective.

I guess that means y'all should return your "broken" Quarks immediately!

Fortunately I am willing to do the hard part of the returning process for you, just send them to my address.

(mis)information indeed!

sqchram

Newly Enlightened
Mine changes from incandescent for outdoor use, to a black light for checking pet stains in carpet, to 5200K daylight balanced for diffusing nuclear warheads at the bottom of a deep-sea trench, to red for stargazing and preserving night vision - but I usually keep it on seaweed-green.

johnny3073

Newly Enlightened
I don't there's anything wrong with your new Quark. I understand that most lights are supposed to have a white beam. It's a shame so many others didn't have your good fortune.

Zendude

Enlightened
Mine changes from incandescent for outdoor use, to a black light for checking pet stains in carpet, to 5200K daylight balanced for diffusing nuclear warheads at the bottom of a deep-sea trench, to red for stargazing and preserving night vision - but I usually keep it on seaweed-green.

Damn! I guess you got the deluxe model!:D

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my first one when they first came out. It has a slight greenish tint, but you'd be hard pressed to notice unless you compare it side-by-side with the one I bought last week. The best part about the new one is it doesn't come with someones fingerprint on the reflector. Now that I know you can up the Lumens from 176 to 255 with an RCR this is my favorite small light. Especially considering they are in the mid $30 range with CPF discount. What a bargain.

UpChUcK

Enlightened
I've had mine for a couple weeks now and it is of the greenish tint. It is noticeably green but not annoyingly green. Not a deal breaker for me and not enough to make me want to go though the return/replace process. Still, I would have prefered pure whit or even cool white over green(ish).

Oh well, I still love the light and has made it into my EDC "ensemble". :whistle:

ky70

Banned
I've had mine for a couple weeks now and it is of the greenish tint. It is noticeably green but not annoyingly green. Not a deal breaker for me and not enough to make me want to go though the return/replace process. Still, I would have prefered pure whit or even cool white over green(ish).

Oh well, I still love the light and has made it into my EDC "ensemble". :whistle:

Same here. I have and love a mini123 but I do notice a green tint/hue in my beam. Oddly though, I needed another lights' beam to first recognize the green in the mini tint as I initially thought it had a "whiteish" beam until I put it side by side with another light. I don't hate the tint but I'm not in love with it either.

Last edited: