I Need Help To Find A Light For The Gf

carl8190

Banned
Last night my gf turned round and asked me if I could get her a good flashlight :eek: I was shocked but im taking this oppotunity to now get it right as want to get her into being a flashaholic like me lovecpf

She wants something small like a fenix e01 but I dont want her to have something with such bad output I was thinking maybe a ITP A3 or A2 but im not sure which to go with. Now the A3 comes in purple and i know she likes purple/pink but is it a nice colour ITP have made? I know some purples/pinks can be horrible or the colours are never the same from one batch to the next like on the eo1 from fenix. So what do you think guys? I would rather buy a D10 but its too big for what she wants as she wants a small keychain light. Im not sure how big the A2 is?

Look Forward to the responces. I cant buy quark im in the UK and I dont want to wait for the delivery.
Pictures of your keychain lights would be a great use so I can use these to show her all of your setups on your keychains.

Last edited:

etherealshade

Enlightened
You can get Quarks and Preons from the Polish 4sevens store. They're much faster to the UK, and don't have to bother with customs. Only a couple days shipping at most.

mfm

Enlightened
The quark mini aa from the polish 4sevens is about £40 pounds :eek:
Get the pink A3, it is smaller and actually a keychain light, unlike the Preon. It will get there in less than two weeks from HK.

carl8190

Banned
Get the pink A3, it is smaller and actually a keychain light, unlike the Preon. It will get there in less than two weeks from HK.

I can get that torch for £18 in the UK Deliverd is that good? I heard that the anodising is what makes the current connect with the led so once the anodising wears off the torch wont work is that correct?

choombak

Enlightened
Peak LED's Matterhorn in 3-LED is decent light, and should be ~16-18 lm (I think), and it comes in BRASS! This is decent enough for EDC (and much more than th E01). If your girlfriend likes shiny things (and I am sure she does), then this one maybe a good option. It costs $35+$15 shipping. I got mine recently and am very pleased with it. Take a look here.

-Amarendra

mfm

Enlightened
I can get that torch for £18 in the UK Deliverd is that good? I heard that the anodising is what makes the current connect with the led so once the anodising wears off the torch wont work is that correct?

Not that bad, you can order it from HK for £15.

The current is not going through the anodizing, it's rather the opposite and is why you can turn it on and off by twisting.

CampingLED

Enlightened
My wife has a red A3 and loves it. There are threads and pics where it shows that the illumina, iTP and Maratec has the same light engine. I have a Maratec SSP and compared to my wife's A3 there is no difference in the light output (colour temp, intensity, mode changes, etc.)

Did not like the purple colour though. The RED looked much nicer.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just done a picture as requested to help you show her some ideas.

Keylights.jpg

Left to right and front last.

Led Lenser P3 available easy in the UK,this from Arco Safety wear stores.
Led Lenser K3 also easy UK-gadget seller I use.
ITP A1 easy post from Shininging beam USA (3 days).
ITP A3 easy post from USA(5 days) Sterile version no markings.
Streamlight Key Mate easy UK-Streamlight dealer in UK
Streamlight Nano easy post from USA tool company(4 days)
Fenix EO1 easy UK from Fenix UK (Glow in the dark tape added)

Energizer key Fobs ( best price Wilkinsons) note new and old shape,very bright but unlike US version press only to light.
On keys Aldi cheapo,sold as twin pack for £2.99 but work fine.

On ITP lights I have added some heat shrink to the clips to stop marking the body(A1 has clip off at time of pic)

Hope it helps,the Led Lensers both have blue moon focus which she really will enjoy.

The Nano is available in pink with every one sold a donation is made to a cancer charity.

Last edited:

carl8190

Banned
Just done a picture as requested to help you show her some ideas.

Keylights.jpg

Left to right and front last.

Led Lenser P3 available easy in the UK,this from Arco Safety wear stores.
Led Lenser K3 also easy UK-gadget seller I use.
ITP A1 easy post from Shininging beam USA (3 days).
ITP A3 easy post from USA(5 days) Sterile version no markings.
Streamlight Key Mate easy UK-Streamlight dealer in UK
Streamlight Nano easy post from USA tool company(4 days)
Fenix EO1 easy UK from Fenix UK (Glow in the dark tape added)

Energizer key Fobs ( best price Wilkinsons) note new and old shape,very bright but unlike US version press only to light.
On keys Aldi cheapo,sold as twin pack for £2.99 but work fine.

On ITP lights I have added some heat shrink to the clips to stop marking the body(A1 has clip off at time of pic)

Hope it helps,the Led Lensers both have blue moon focus which she really will enjoy.

The Nano is available in pink with every one sold a donation is made to a cancer charity.

We both apricitate this alot thanks

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
My recommendation is that whatever light you get should be powered by commonly available and inexpensive cells. You don't want her setting the light aside in a couple of months because she can't justify spending $10 on a pair of CR123 batteries. Something like the Quark MiNi AA or the Nitecore EZAA would be perfect, though I personally lean towards the Quark.

carl8190

Banned
Yeh probably the quark then because I had a ezaa for all of 1 week and the spring in the head of the torch broke on the welds. The only problem is have with the quark mini is the price its £40 from poland to UK for the quark mini :crazy:

burntoshine

Enlightened
Yeh probably the quark then because I had a ezaa for all of 1 week and the spring in the head of the torch broke on the welds. The only problem is have with the quark mini is the price its £40 from poland to UK for the quark mini :crazy:

yeah, money is often a roadblock. :(