• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: The Kings of All Incans: Colossus and

BSBG

Enlightened
1) Colossus by Modamag

This thing is so ridiculously cool but I never use it. This is the most configurable high output incan setup. Host details:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/211373&highlight=colossus

Includes the 4" head, body, 2 additonal sections, battery adapter and spare rods for 4-8-12 cells, 2 dummy cells, 10 Sony cells harvested form a Makita tool pack, and an AlanB PHD regulator. I'll include a few assorted spare bulbs.

This is the standard PHD regulator, not a high voltage unit, so do not exceed 9 cells (OK, I used 10 with no problem). Currently set for 26v output from 10 cells. You will need to get your own programming dongle from Alan to reconfigure as I need mine for my other lights.

Note that the 10 cell pack is too heavy for a standard Mag spring to reliably hold in place resulting in intermittent operation if the light is jostled around while turned on. I meant to find a solution but never did.

The parts and wait time to get this all together were expensive an long, in that order.

$600 shipped in the USA **SOLD** to my persistent friend in the Great White North!

2) Mac's Torch

Built on a Silver Mag body, runs on a new (1/09) LuxLuthor 12 cell pack with only 3-4 cycles on it. Tailswitch and your choice of MOP or HS reflector. I probably have an extra 64623 for it as well. $225 shipped **SOLD**

US sales only
Paypal, no trades please.
First posted "I'll take it" has precedence.

Thanks!

CIMG1450.jpg

Last edited:

mrartillery

Enlightened
Re: FS: The King of All Incans

Wow! Hadnt seen one of these for sale in a long time! Wish i could afford it, but here's a free bump for having a cool light! :D

Good luck with the sale!

pete7226

Enlightened
Re: FS: The King of All Incans

I had one of these special lights and sold it awhile back, This is a phenomenal light! Not very practical but nothing else will blow you away with its sheer output! Good luck with your sale!

BSBG

Enlightened
Re: FS: The Kings of All Incans: Colossus and Torch

Torch added :party:

Joseph Milton

Enlightened
Re: FS: The Kings of All Incans: Colossus and Torch

I'll take the Torch. This will alleviate carrying around a lighter when I start my campfires!

Joseph

BSBG

Enlightened
One more bump, price dropped. This thing is killer and includes one of the few AlanB drivers built.

tomthebaker

Newly Enlightened
Which bulb do you run at 26V?

What do you estimate the lumens, throw and runtime with the current setup?

Sorry, new guy! Thanks

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should be able to run an Osram 64656 on 26v. Or even a 64657 although i'm not sure it'll be as bright as the 64656. and MMMAAAYYYBEEE a 64655 but youd be real close to instaflash territory.

And should be up in the 13k-14k lumens area. Not sure about runtime though. Depends on the cells. Don't know the MAH of the sony cells listed here with the light. Usually when you're sucking down that much power it's not long. Most of our magnificent hotwire beasts are 5-15 minutes depending on cells/bulbs

Which bulb do you run at 26V?

What do you estimate the lumens, throw and runtime with the current setup?

Sorry, new guy! Thanks

Last edited:

BSBG

Enlightened
Should be able to run an Osram 64656 on 26v. Or even a 64657 although i'm not sure it'll be as bright as the 64656. and MMMAAAYYYBEEE a 64655 but youd be real close to instaflash territory.

And should be up in the 13k-14k lumens area. Not sure about runtime though. Depends on the cells. Don't know the MAH of the sony cells listed here with the light. Usually when you're sucking down that much power it's not long. Most of our magnificent hotwire beasts are 5-15 minutes depending on cells/bulbs

thanks! I think it has a 64655 in it, with the phd regulator it soft starts. It is so bright indoors it hurts :). Run time is maybe ten minutes total with the ten cell setup at 26v. Then it is several hours of recharging. The beauty of this setup is the modularity- 4 to ten cells, programmable driver, infinite bulb choices. If I didn't have other crazy expensive projects I'd keep it but it should be used and appreciated more.