Fenix PD30 Belt Carry

Mnementh

Newly Enlightened
I have the Fenix PD30, and will be my edc with it on my belt. I don't like the included belt holster, though, as it forces me to remove the body clip. I'd like to be able to leave it on and still use a belt holster. (If I want to pocket carry it, I don't want to have to hunt through a drawer to find the body clip first.)

I've found the open top holster for this light at EliteLED.com, and am considering purchasing it. (I like open top better than top flap anyway, as I don't spend much time upside down. :)) Before I buy it, however, can anyone tell me if it will will be able to accommodate the light with the body clip still installed? (My personal preference is bezel down, which I can't do with the stock holster, so if that's possible with the open top holster, that would be a plus.)

If not, does anyone have any suggestions about a holster that will allow it? I've looked at www.ripoffs.com, but the Fenix lights weren't listed. I could make a choice based on the dimensions, but would like some advice from someone who's tried it first.

Thanks!

offroadmick

Newly Enlightened
I have the PD30 and have no problem with the belt holster.

The light will fit bezel down in the fenix holster, it seems a little tight at first, bit push it in and out a few times and its just fine.... and the belt clip just slides over the edge of the holster (at the side) so you dont need to remove it.

Hope that helps.:grin2:

Last edited:

Mnementh

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the response! I've been trying that, but it keeps binding up on the anti-roll part the head when I draw it out.

I solved the problem by ordering a custom leather holster for it from Thor's Hammer Custom Leather. Deep in the google search of CPF I found in the marketplace an old thread where Hogokansatsukan had made some custom flashlight holders that looked awesome! I visited his website and contacted him. Paypal sent, and I'm very much looking forward to it!

I ordered a black open top leather holster with dragon scale printing. :)

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
definitely check out 4sevens.com
the quark 123-2 holster works much better than the original fenix holster.
ive been using mine for maybe 5 months now, and the velcro is still strong. its sides are made of an elastic stretchy material which makes it easy to put the light in. and its a stiff holster and wont fold and crumple like the fenix holster. its also sits tight against your belt with minimal slack.

its also more clip friendly, because the sides of the holster arent as high, meaning the highest part of the sides are lower than the front.

i had a pd30 too, and it was a hassle to put it into its holster.