Quark C123x2,Batteries, and a Quark MiNi C123

WVDAVE

Newly Enlightened
After reading posts and reviews on this site and googling I pulled the trigger on my first quality flashlight a Quark 123x2 from 4Sevens . This light seems to be the perfect size and has the functions I was looking for at a great price. So, this morning I decided to order the light and a 10 pack of the 4Sevens CR123, but before I could check out something happen. I had been looking at the MiNi 123 and was thinking what a great little light it was and then it happen, before I knew it the MiNi was in the cart too (I couldn't control the urge). Now I have both lights and the batteries ordered. I do believe that LED flashlights are going to become an addiction real quick. This is a great site with a lot of informed and helpful folks. Can you think of any thing else that I may need for my venture into LED flashlights?

Dole

Newly Enlightened
You my friend are very smart if these are your first real flashlights. My mini 123 is quickly becoming my favorite and it too was an impulse buy! And yes, it is an addiction. Just keep your eyes on the horizon for the next newest greatest light. Researching is half the fun for me.

Now you need to get into custom lanyards and other means of carrying them. Maybe a suspension clip for carrying your mini in your pocket :thumbsup:.

And as you collect more and more, you'll want a nice case to keep them in at home or on the go.

dagored

Enlightened
Welcome. To keep your sanity, stay away from the Custom B/S/T section.

WVDAVE

Newly Enlightened
You my friend are very smart if these are your first real flashlights. My mini 123 is quickly becoming my favorite and it too was an impulse buy! And yes, it is an addiction. Just keep your eyes on the horizon for the next newest greatest light. Researching is half the fun for me.

Now you need to get into custom lanyards and other means of carrying them. Maybe a suspension clip for carrying your mini in your pocket :thumbsup:.

And as you collect more and more, you'll want a nice case to keep them in at home or on the go.
Where do you get your custom lanyards at? What about the suspension clips?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have the quark 2x123, and you wont be dissapointed!
i just ordered a quark 123 mini warm tint, also ordered it on impulse because i couldnt decide on it or a AAA light for my keychain.

if you plan on using your lights alot, a decent charger and some li-ion rechargeables can save you alot of money.
i am about to buy either a pila ibc or cytac charger, and a AW 17670 li-ion for my quark 123-2 for better runtimes.

watch your wallet, cause these things can add up, and fast.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I have a Quark Tactical 123*2 XP-G R5 and I really like it. It is so small, perfect for EDC - and it packs a big punch of light.

I am just getting into this 'hobby', lol. I have ordered four EDC lights in the past two weeks. Plus, I just ordered a 100-pack of CR123 batteries. My focus, for the time being, is on EDC lights that use 123 primaries. I am trying to find the 'Goldilocks' EDC light. This could get expensive, hahahaaa. :cool:

-

Dole

Newly Enlightened
Where do you get your custom lanyards at? What about the suspension clips?

Lighthound.com has a ton of lanyards, paracord, and supplies here. I haven't purchased one but its a good place to start. There are many other sites that sell similar products.

And here's the suspension clip I mentioned. Maybe attach it to your mini with one of the McGizmo clips at lighthound so you can carry it every day comfortably. I like for it to hang vertically inside my pocket, it feels better that way.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
WVDAVE:

"Can you think of any thing else that I may need for my venture into LED flashlights?"

:welcome: now turn off your computer and save your money, sanity and quite possibly your family/social life.:tinfoil:

Ignore Beamhead. Look at his join date and post count. These are the words of a hardcore, cynical flasholic.

The only thing you need is a paypal account or debit / credit card, preferably linked to a home equity line or brokerage margin wrap account.

Great choices on the lights and they have probabaly corrupted you forever.
Welcome to CPF & addiction:party:.

I was going to mention li-ion rechargeables, but Skyfire already took care of it. They will save you a lot of money & waste on batteries with the CR123 lights. Just be aware of voltage limits and heat buildup in some lights that could fry them if run too long on high.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope you got some Rechargeables for it. Once you see 256 lumens from your Mini123 you'll never go back to 176.

I respecfully beg to defer. I run the MiNi on high mode quite frequently and using the high on RCR123 would only make the MiNi super hot which in the end could lead to damage on the LED module. So with that said, I think primary CR123 are better.

Dole

Newly Enlightened
I respecfully beg to defer. I run the MiNi on high mode quite frequently and using the high on RCR123 would only make the MiNi super hot which in the end could lead to damage on the LED module. So with that said, I think primary CR123 are better.

I agree, the difference isn't that noticeable and I don't want to risk any accidents :poof::sigh:.