Host etc. for Tiablo A9 Head

meister

Newly Enlightened
Need advise. I recently purchased a Tiablo A9 along with an aspherical lens. The light also came with the original head and reflector and now I would like to find a way to use this fine extra head. I'm realatively new to all this so treat me gently with terminology. I am a big fan of throw with the least amount of flood. As most of you know this lens has to sit right on top of the LED emitter so I'm looking for an emitter already in a host that will accept the A9 head and I prefer a simple on/off clicky. Any simple ideas and advise will be greatly appreciated.:)

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
My advice would be to save them; if you ever get into modding, you may need the extra reflector for a number of different reasons. And if you ever scratched the factory head, you could replace it with the spare:thumbsup:. Just my opinion though.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
The A9 has a great reflector for an SST-50 LED. The beam is nearly flawless. Most XR-E reflectors are useless with an SST-50 so keep it for future use as an SST-50 pocket light. Thats what I'm working on now. Unfortunatly I can think of nothing that it will fit. Most lights have different threads/diameters. I have an A50 (rare, hard to get) and it does 29,200 lux on only 500 lumen. My Jetbeam needs 1000 lumen to do 34,900. They make the best throw reflectors as far as I'm concerned. The new A10 is currently the "King of Throw". Of course if you never have a mini-lathe it'll sit on your shelf. If you want to sell it PM me.

Last edited:

meister

Newly Enlightened
Thanks kengps and ti-force for the quick responses. I'll keep each of your suggestions in mind. Kengps, thanks for the offer but right now I think I'll keep the reflector to see if I can figure something out. I'll let you know if I change my mind.:thanks:

meister

Newly Enlightened
Still looking for ideas. If this is not the correct place for this thread then please advise. If you are an administrator then please move to the correct place. Thanks.