Another 24/7 cracked up!

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok Guys!

I'm on my 3rd and last Inova 24/7, once again there are cracks running down the battery housing! Surely there's something out there with the same functions that I can clip to my Alice Pack that won't go to pot in 3.5 years!

chiphead

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I dont know if any of these will last 3.5 years. But there are many brands that have a good CS reputation, and warranty coverage.

The style of light you are looking for is called "crimp-neck"
Zebralight
firstlight USA
Fenix angle-light (I forget its model number)
Energizer hard case tactical
Streamlight sidewinder, survivor
4-7 makes an optional crimp neck attachment that converts many of their lights to crimp neck, when used with a shirt clip.

Last edited:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to sound like a fanbody, but I've got two that I've been using for years for at least half the year as daily bang-around gear to help reduce the chances of getting run over in our semi-rural no-sidewalks town when I walk back and forth to the train. One is yellow, the other is OD. They are both fine.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 24/7's are fine as well...maybe the newer one's are just an inferior batch??? +1 on the VIP lights...the only thing as tough as my SF's, and alot tougher than a 24/7 (hence the price tag). These VIP's are no no-sense Genuine Military Issue for seals/CG/etc. for extraction/IFF applications and are submersible to the bottom of the ocean (I think???).

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to sound like a fanbody, but I've got two that I've been using for years for at least half the year as daily bang-around gear to help reduce the chances of getting run over in our semi-rural no-sidewalks town when I walk back and forth to the train. One is yellow, the other is OD. They are both fine.
The were the heck I'm I going wrong?

chiphead

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The were the heck I'm I going wrong?

chiphead

Where are they stored? Are they left in the sun for long periods or exposed to any chemicals in water? Or maybe it's just a natural occurence with companies, as they get more comfortable, quality slacks? Like all the problems people have now with there X5's...I got mine (and my 24/7) in 03 when they first came out, and both function fine with no sign of cracking...are you tightening the compartment lid down too much???

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are they stored? Are they left in the sun for long periods or exposed to any chemicals in water? Or maybe it's just a natural occurence with companies, as they get more comfortable, quality slacks? Like all the problems people have now with there X5's...I got mine (and my 24/7) in 03 when they first came out, and both function fine with no sign of cracking...are you tightening the compartment lid down too much???

I have family living in AZ. There's (duh) a lot of light (especially UV) and heat. If they were left in the sun, that could definitely weaken the plastic. Possibly, if left in a vehicle, the heat could weaken the plastic, even if out of direct sunlight? Not sure.