ThruNite 1.5 Amp XP-G P60 Size Drop-In, 3 Mode

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking about putting this drop-in in my 6P LED Defender. Does anyone have any experience with this? It looks like it would turn my light into a pocket light cannon. Any help on making this decision would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I am thinking about putting this drop-in in my 6P LED Defender. Does anyone have any experience with this? It looks like it would turn my light into a pocket light cannon. Any help on making this decision would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Definitely the topic of the day! I can't wait til output is measured and graphed.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to test one and see if they can at least do 330 OTF, but seeing how Anto P60 XP-G R5 already does over 350 OTF at 1.4A, I think more is expected of the Thrunite:popcorn:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
word.

Im kinda waiting for the next run of anto's but
might grab a Thrunite if they're comprable..
maybe someone will hook u up w one for
judge jury and execution in the sphere?

anyone know when the XPG s2's are due?

dirtybore

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered the single mode version today (03/29/2010) from batteryjunction.com to replace the ican in my Surefire Z3 Combat light.

I'll let you know what I think of it after I try it out. Sorry, it'll be limited to my impressions only - no high tech test equipment - just 3.5 acres of very dark backyard out here in the hills of Maryland. :grin2:

Noctis

Enlightened
Seems out of stock, but I ordered a similar(probably same) single-mode from illuminationgear.com just now.
If you feel like waiting a week I can get back to you on that.

But if you're an impatient person like me(didn't feel like waiting for the SST-50 to restock), you can try to search the forums or just go ahead and buy it anyways.

Brian321

Enlightened
I would like to test one and see if they can at least do 330 OTF, but seeing how Anto P60 XP-G R5 already does over 350 OTF at 1.4A, I think more is expected of the Thrunite:popcorn:
Everyone keeps talking about this Anto P60 drop-in, Can someone post a link or tell me where i can buy one? ( I know they are out of stock now from reading everyones posts, I just would like to know where to get one.)

Thanks.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do these 1.5 Amp XP-G drop-ins compare to nailbender's 1.4 Amp XP-G drop-ins? Does anyone have both?

I wonder how much better high setting run-time temperature efficacy the 1.4 Amp offers in a D26 Drop-in even though the XP-G is now specced as 1.5 Amp capable.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do these 1.5 Amp XP-G drop-ins compare to nailbender's 1.4 Amp XP-G drop-ins? Does anyone have both?

I wonder how much better high setting run-time temperature efficacy the 1.4 Amp offers in a D26 Drop-in even though the XP-G is now specced as 1.5 Amp capable.

I have tested both for OTF lumens and they make identical 330~350 OTF lumens.

The Thrunite XP-G R5 1.5A model with a single mode did make 403 OTF, but the 3 mode was 350ish OTF.

The one I am looking to test now is the Anto P60 XP-G R5 with 1.4A driver and huge copper heatsink:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/278902

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty exciting for the 1x XP-G drop-ins to be getting to the 400 OTF mark. :huh:

Me too, but at 3 minutes they are back in the 330~320 OTF range:mecry:

This is why I am looking forward to more heatsinked models like the Anto Cooper and the D1500 by Neo.

I want 400 OTF and 380at 3 minutes:candle:

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know the lux numbers, but I swapped the OP reflector on my single mode 1.5A with the SMO from my Solarforce XP-G and now it throws much farther. Almost like a Malkoff M60 on steroids - bright defined hotspot with loads of spill and ring free!

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ThruNite reflector is more flood than anything, probably the most floody reflector made in the D26 format. The Dereelight is possibly the throwiest one made for the D26 format.

I think BC tested my 3-mode ThruNite drop-in at around 330 lumens OTF in my G2 with Solarforce bezel. I think I'm losing some lumens through the glass on that one so it will probably make a few more lumens if I use a UCL on it. No, I don't use this light in this configuration as the Nitrolon body would not draw the heat away from the pill.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
I'm with you buddy. I got the 1 mode and makes me smile how floody this is comparing to my other drop-ins. But I like it, it shines everything around.

DREW297

Newly Enlightened
Hey PCC, i was looking on the dereelight web site and they don't list a smooth reflector specificly for the xp-g. which one did you use, the xr-e for the cl1h? i love this drop-in and would love to see it with a smo reflector.