I had a dream . . . (Lunasol 20)

jblackwood

Enlightened
So last night I had this dream. It may have been related to my (mis)adventures changing my first beater bar belt on a vacuum cleaner at my home. I had a spare belt lying around (this is real life, not my dream yet) and I was so proud of myself for having opened up the vacuum, diagnosing the problem, and changing the belt and closing it back up in record time that I neglected to pick up the spare belt that was on the floor. My wife was taking it for a test drive and she was making the appropriate good wife noises (OH, it's so much better, I'm glad we didn't have to get a new one, etc.) when we both heard something get sucked in that changed the pitch of the engine. I ended up having to take the thing apart again to get out the unused belt. It was a good thing, ultimately because I found some stuff that was caught in the intake that I had missed the first time.

In my dream, it was my Lunasol 20 that got caught up in my vacuum. The result was not anywhere near what would have really happened (I hope, and no, I'm not about to subject it to a real life test) because in my dream, it came out looking like Arnold's face after he was dragged underneath the semi truck in Terminator 2. The Bead-blasted finish had jagged rips where the boar bristles and plastic cylinder had deeply scratched the titanium. :ohgeez:
Funny, right? There's no way it would get THAT scratched up in your normal, run of the mill vacuum. Anyway, it was an image that has haunted me woah these many hours. It looked worse than that famed picture of the McGizmo that was being carried through a motorcycle accident! I put it up in the flashlight forum because it would be nice to talk about how durable Ti lights are and how even IF they get scratched up that back (ok, not if, WHEN), you can always just polish them back up.

carrot

Flashaholic
I don't know, I had a dream that I was mountain biking down sideways on a boulder, my front tire popped, resulting in me taking an awesome fall and sliding down a boulder on my McLux. After checking out the awesome new scrapes on my arm and leg, I took the McLux out of my pocket, noticed a few extra scratches, and put it right back.

Oh wait, that actually happened.

Couple weeks later on my road bike I was doing some goofy poop like riding with no hands when a huge gust of wind caught me, twisted my wheel around and caused me to taco it and endo. Did an awesome tumble, landed on my McLux AGAIN, and then somehow ended up on top of my backpack.

Guarantee you any aluminum light would have looked pretty sad at that point but my Ti McLux still looks awesome with some scrapes.

Last edited: