Contact Springs

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened
OK, I have been searching and searching and I cannot find a good source for battery contact springs. I need both cylindrical and conical springs at different sizes for various projects. Where do you guys get springs for your homemade flashlights?

Thanks!

^^Nova^^

Enlightened
The Shoppe has some, although not a huge range. Others can be scavenged from things like dead SF lamps etc.

Cheers,
Nova

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I saw the ones the shoppe has, one is $15 :faint: and the other has been out of stock since I got into flashlights LOL.

I have been scavenging springs so far, just wanted a good source to buy them when I needed them and not have to look for something to sacrifice LOL.

Thanks for the reply though, maybe someone has a good source and will be willing to share.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
this question ahs surface before....buy replacement swithces from Dx and kannibalize their springs...

irv_usc

Enlightened
I've bought from future electronics before. not specifically the springs, but their shipping time was pretty good.

I would just buy the cheap ones from future and try them out.

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I have ordered from them before, mainly just optics but next time I place an order I am going to try a few of them out and see if they are any good.