Flashlight obsession...

Justin13

Newly Enlightened
New to the forum. Just developing an understanding for the various features.

I like "weapon" lights. I've used my E2D as a "skull hole-punch" in self defense once and will always buy them.

Surefire E2D-Led - Car 1
Fenix TK11 w/18650 2400mAH - Car 2
Surefire E2D w/Lumens Factory 150 and rechargeable 123's - Bed
Surefire G2 - Kitchen (Utility)
Fenix TK40 - Kitchen (dog walker)
4Sevens Mini 123 - Briefcase

I hope to grow the collection. Looking to find some truly unique lights.

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you have a nice collection for starters,,,once you start getting a few more of SF's exoctic models, it's all down hill from there...

Hide yer wallet, and welcome to CPF!!!

Brian321

Enlightened
Looks like you have a nice collection for starters,,,once you start getting a few more of SF's exoctic models, it's all down hill from there...

Hide yer wallet, and welcome to CPF!!!

+1. Its only been about a month since i joined CPF and i have to come own the following:

SF A2 Aviator
Fenix E01
Fenix TK20
SF 6P with Malkoff drop-in
SF E2L
Dereelight DBS with MC-E and XP-G pills.
Preon 1 & 2
Zebralight H501 & H501w
Jetbeam RRT-0
ITP A3
Romisen RC-N3

I think thats alot for for just starting this hobby a month ago.

Oh and :welcome:

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefires.. M3, M4, M6, C2, A2, E2DL, E1B.
EagleTac.. T20C2 MKII, P20C2MKII, M2SC4
4Sevens... Quarks, Preons
Jetbeam... RRT-0
Spy007, Gatlight, McGizmo to name just a few. Apologies to many of the great other manufactureres that i missed.

NOT NECESSARLY IN THAT ORDER!!

:whistle:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first recomendation would be a C2/C3 w/ malkoff...that's the real SF "gate-way drug" there...and then the L4/E2L...then a bit later a U2...by then, you're "finished"...LOL!

pwatcher

Enlightened
Since you mentioned "unique lights", I'd suggest you go on the prowl for a Surefire A2-HA-YG! The incan is fully regulated, which in itself is unique, and the yellow-green tinted leds are relatively scarce. I recently bought one of these from dimerazorback, and have a lead on a second promising one!

I also endorse the C2/Malkoff combo, but that's relatively easier to obtain and more common. Still makes for a killer light though (I have some of them too).

Otherwise, read through some of the flashlight comparison reviews, and judge for yourself what beamshots appeal to you the most. Look at runtimes on the battery type you intend to use. And don't be afraid to "catch and release" a few on your way to an even nicer, well-rounded collection!

:wave:

Mnementh

Newly Enlightened
Hi there!

I'm new here as well, and I'm also obsessed! I've already bought 3 lights and am heavily considering a fourth. :eek:

I've gotten my EDC covered, am now looking for a camping/keep in the car light. Just shortlisted the OLight M21 based on some great reviews here. :twothumbs Then I think I must stop and let the credit cards cool down a bit. :cool:

Justin13

Newly Enlightened
My first recomendation would be a C2/C3 w/ malkoff...that's the real SF "gate-way drug" there...and then the L4/E2L...then a bit later a U2...by then, you're "finished"...LOL!

C2 = Surefire C2 Centurion? Malkoff - Which one from the site?

Im on a ordering spree.

U2 I'd go for, should I not be swayed by the 100 lumen output?

Just hit the Surefire ste and ordered a C2, LX2, and a E1B in silver for myself. (FYI: I like to pay more. When I do, I can call and get new parts with no grief. My E2D got a new bulb, glass, and bezel after I inserted into someones skull) I have a feeling the LX2 is going to be a lot like my E2D-Led.

My wife is in love with that 4 Sevens Mini123, got to hit them now and grab another.

We just had a 4 day blackout at our weekend house. Got the "we need some more flashlights" comment from my wife.

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

Im on a ordering spree.

U2 Id go for, should I not be swayed by the 100 lumen output?

Yes, the C2 Centurion (C2-HA). The C3 will give you even longer runtimes of either model of malkoff. Either pairs great with a handgun with the patented combat grip. Malkoff, go for the M60 or M60F for brightness, or an M60L/FL for longer runtime.

The U2 is an engineering marvel, and the "100" Surefire lumens will easily out-do 90% of other mfg's "200 lumen" lights. The selector ring has a magnetic rod in it that changes the power levels when rotated so there are no switches/contacts to wear out, and will continue to function even when submersed or exposed to harsh elements. The domed glass lens has an "egg shell" effect and is more stout. And the 176 hours of "2 lumens" is the perfect emergency light...2 lumens is enough to find your way around a dark building, check your bag, read, etc. The black HA (Type III) finish is the same as the C2-HA and will last forever as long as it's not used as a hammer. Check out some of the reviews.

Hope this info proves useful.

pwatcher

Enlightened

Im on a ordering spree.

U2 I'd go for, should I not be swayed by the 100 lumen output?

Just hit the Surefire ste and ordered a C2, LX2, and a E1B in silver for myself. (FYI: I like to pay more. When I do, I can call and get new parts with no grief. My E2D got a new bulb, glass, and bezel after I inserted into someones skull) I have a feeling the LX2 is going to be a lot like my E2D-Led.

My wife is in love with that 4 Sevens Mini123, got to hit them now and grab another.

We just had a 4 day blackout at our weekend house. Got the "we need some more flashlights" comment from my wife.
Verrrryyyyyy Nice! Congrats!

Let us know how you like them, and the Quark too, after you get them!

pwatcher

Enlightened
Hi there!

I'm new here as well, and I'm also obsessed! I've already bought 3 lights and am heavily considering a fourth. :eek:

I've gotten my EDC covered, am now looking for a camping/keep in the car light. Just shortlisted the OLight M21 based on some great reviews here. :twothumbs Then I think I must stop and let the credit cards cool down a bit. :cool:
welcome, newbie! I sort of consider myself still a newbie time wise, altho I've aged rather quickly with quite a few lights acquired.

consider starting your own thread under flashlight collecting if you are so inclined! we can keep from confusing different people that way.

and again welcome to the hobby/obsession!

Justin13

Newly Enlightened
Skulls and E2D -

I was on 61st and 1st when I was asked for my ID by a man.

I said , show me yours.

He siad, I can't...I'm undercover.

I said bull***

He said FU and He grabbed my arm.

I pulled the light out of my pocket and bashed him between the eyes with the crenelated end.

He fell

I called the cops and hung out.

looky

Newly Enlightened
So how much damage was done by a strike with a crenulated bezel? What was the assailant's medical outcome? Good job on not letting yourself get mugged or worse.

nbp

Flashaholic
I would probably leave the skull cracking discussion at that. Threads that end up promoting violence or advocating the use of flashlights as weapons do not last long. Just my input as a slightly more seasoned CPFer. :tinfoil:

Justin13

Newly Enlightened
The Defender series of lights are self-defense mechanisms. I'm a 40+ year old CIO, not a vigilante.

So how much damage was done by a strike with a crenulated bezel? What was the assailant's medical outcome? Good job on not letting yourself get mugged or worse.

He was knocked unconscious. Clearly had a broken nose and needed stitches. Mid 20's, clearly drinking. Cops took my info and called him an ambulance. Called Surefire to get new parts and the customer service rep was thrilled with my experience. I told him I'd fax the police report over for their site testimonials.