M3LT Head on M6?

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't find any, but I'm thinking there must have been some discussion of playing Lego with the M3LT (when it's available) - taking the head off and putting it on an M6? They are both (if the M6 has its original issue battery holder installed) 9v lights, right? And the body/head thread should be the same? The M6 might not be able to control the dual levels - would it run on high? Or is the M3LT tailcap controlling the dual levels simply by cycling power on/off in sequence?

I'd love to find a reason to buy an M3LT. If I could rationalize it as an LED head plus a slimline body, I think I'd be there in a, umm, flash. :D

Ninja

Newly Enlightened
Re: M3LT Head on M900 Vertical Foregrip ?

What about mounting the M3LT bezel on the M900 weapon Vertical Foregrip on high only (no tailswitch) & not withstanding no shock isolated bezel ?? I have a read that the threads are different too...

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

The M3LT head fits on and work with an M6 body, however it only works on low mode due to the electronics that are in the M3LT's tailcap which control the modes.

Im sure the KX9T (M3LT head) will be available in the future for separate purchase to upgrade incan turbo heads, to LED.

stallion2

Enlightened

The M3LT head fits on and work with an M6 body, however it only works on low mode due to the electronics that are in the M3LT's tailcap which control the modes.

Im sure the KX9T (M3LT head) will be available in the future for separate purchase to upgrade incan turbo heads, to LED.

it also fits perfectly on my FM Megalennium but i can't get it to run at all. i'm pretty sure its because the host is only for one 26650. do you know what the voltage range is on this? i can't find a spec anywhere and would love to so i can put together a second host for rechargeables.

*interesting side note - the TX3 attachment that i use w/ the Megalennium will not screw onto the M3LT body. i can't for the life of me figure out why. can't even get a full turn before it binds. i've looked it over several times and everything looks fine, no clearance issues, thread count and pitch look the same. even if the host/head couldn't make a complete circuit it should still be able to screw together...or so i would think.:shrug:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
For more background on this, there has been a fair bit of discussion of this overall concept in the SureFire M3LT Review thread, although this is the first I can recall of someone trying it on a Megalennium. It's unfortunate that SF didn't configure the new LED TH so that the default condition would be 'high', for us SF Lego folks who would want to try this.

Last edited:

stallion2

Enlightened
For more background on this, there has been a fair bit of discussion of this overall concept in the SureFire M3LT Review thread, although this is the first I can recall of someone trying it on a Megalennium. It's unfortunate that SF didn't configure the new LED TH so that the default condition would be 'high', for us SF Lego folks who would want to try this.

yeah, i've been all over that thread from right before i purchased mine. i thought it was a little funny that all they could get was the low mode....figured there might be some sort of resistor present in their M6 switch that was preventing it from entering the high mode or some other inhibitor. every so often i have to clean excess grease from my thread to restore the circuit. you say this low mode is the "default" setting? i figured that the voltage present would dictate how the driver runs the emitter. i've been testing my batteries when the output drops off and everytime i find my primaries at approx 7.7-7.8V combined. what does SF have in that pressure switch that allows the light to run DD?

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
P8273683.jpg

P8273684.jpg

P8273686.jpg

P8273688.jpg

P8273690.jpg

P8273692.jpg

Latest posts