Surefire on Outdoor Channel this Wednesday (24th March)

ekengle

Newly Enlightened
This Wednesday (March 24th) at 5:30 pm EST on American Rifleman they are having a special on Surefire lights and the factory. The show will be on The Outdoor Channel. It looks like they will run it again at 10:00 pm and at 1:00 am on Thursday morning.

At 6:30 pm on the same channel American Guardian is running as show on Low Light Carbines. It will re-run at 9:30 pm and again at 1:30 am as well.

I thought it would give everyone a chance to see what Surefire does in the factory when they build and test a light. It may give those who insist that a 'whateverfire' light is built just a well as a Surefire something to think about. Then again, it may not.

Set your DVR's. I plan to sit down with a drink and enjoy my birthday that day. I'm turning the dreaded 40 so I may as well watch something I enjoy since I will be taking the day off anyway.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Outdoor does broadcast in HD, but Outdoor/OutdoorHD is usually part of a crappy package of channels that costs $6-8 a month when all you want is one of them.

A la carte TV is looooooooooong overdue.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well now I'm just jealous some of you will be able to watch it in HD but not me. I have every HD channel available on Dish within my coverage area but no HD Outdoor Channel. :(

Last edited:

wykeite

Newly Enlightened
Lisa did the tour for real..........................................................................................report overdue.

ekengle

Newly Enlightened
Thank you SFfanman. I have mixed feelings about it but there is nothing that I can do, It's coming whether I like it or not.

I've seen different shooting shows in the past where they go through the Surefire factory. There are many different tests and quality checks that you would never even think of. These lights are put through hell. It's been a year or so since I've seen one though. Direct TV listing gives the first broadcast date as March 2010 so it should be an up to date show.

A little side note for those on Satellite. Neither Dish or Direct are broadcasting Outdoor Channel in HD at the moment. Direct TV has a new bird that is going active in about a month. I don't know about Dish. I bailed on Dish when I found out how much of a psycho Charlie is. For the latest news about both check out www.satelliteguys.us

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Surefire themed documentary eh? that's wicked... anyone know what the "Outdoors Channel" is called on the Foxtel/Austar satellite networks? do they even have it? :thinking:

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Guys,
I cannot watch this while it is aired.

Any chance this will get hosted on youtube or similar?

I'd like to see it.

Thanks

Vesper

Enlightened
Well thanks. I didn't even know I got channel 406. Dang. All the good stuff I've been missing. I'll try to get a copy to my hard drive.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad you guys already have a plan to upload it to youtube and I would also love a way to copy it my computer if anyone can let me know how I can get the file as well.

LightJaguar

Enlightened
I'm glad you guys already have a plan to upload it to youtube and I would also love a way to copy it my computer if anyone can let me know how I can get the file as well.

I think that you can use real player to download it from youtube.
I can't wait to see it.

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
A Surefire themed documentary eh? that's wicked... anyone know what the "Outdoors Channel" is called on the Foxtel/Austar satellite networks? do they even have it? :thinking:

I fear that if as one keeps hearing Oz is not a gun friendly society any longer, you won't be seeing this particular show, not now, not ever. We have the Outdoor Channel in Canada but they only run PC safe shows like Mantracker- but more generally filler shows about ghost hunting and Dog the Bounty Hunter, or in other words only things that have nothing to do with the outdoors anywhere past the edge of the sidewalk- Nanny says we musn't cross! So a youtube posting would be in the service of world freedom, please take note our American friends!