Which Commercially Made P60 has Best Throw?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Which Commercially Made P60 drop in has Best Throw? The title says it all.

Although I prefer floody lights ordinarily I thought it would be nice to be able to substitute a thrower into my L2 when needed.

I'm not interested in any hand made small scale production items, looking for a commecially produced product sold by American dealers like Dereelight, Solarforce, etc.

It should run or either a single 18650 or 2 X CR123. It needn't take both options just one or the other. I just don't want to add an extender on my L2.

It should come with its own reflector. I'm not interested in modding nor making 3 separate purchases just to get one drop in.

DX and Kaidoman products are only acceptable IF carried by one of our CPF Marketplace American dealers. I don't want to wait for delivery from HK.

No Paypal. Not interested in a private purchase. Wish to purchase a brand new P60 from a dealer.

Preferably single mode but not essential.

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good question I am looking for something for my 6P, I would think it is a drop in that is XP-E R2 I have been thinking maybe the D26 from Lumens Factory.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Good question I am looking for something for my 6P, I would think it is a drop in that is XP-E R2 I have been thinking maybe the D26 from Lumens Factory.

Thanks. I'll check out Lumens Factory. I didn't think of them because I don't know who sells them.

jenskh

Enlightened
I am not sure if it is available any more, but the Dereelight P60 module with XR-E R2 and smo reflector gives me I think around 11000 lux@1m, and is the P60 module I own with best throw.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I think it's available but I guess I have to buy the reflector separately from the pill. I'd rather buy a complete drop in including the reflector.

etherealshade

Enlightened
If you buy the reflector and R2 XR-E dropin from Dereelight, it's not really much different than buying the whole thing as a unit. You've only got to screw the dropin into the reflector and you're good to go.

Pacecar

Newly Enlightened
dumb question: What's the difference between P60 and D26 designations?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought about the Deerelight pill and then also buying the Deerelight reflector since it seems the pill simply screws into the reflector but that looks like it would cost $50 so I probably rule that one out. I'm not sure what recDNA had in mind for price but I was thinking $25-$35 for a XP-E or XR-E drop-in.

etherealshade

Enlightened
According to the OP's description, he wants a single mode dropin, so an XRE R2 pill on the dereelight site is $26 (either 2.8-4.2v or 3.4-16v), and an SMO-XRE reflector is $5. I figure $31 is fairly reasonable for that, you get to order it all in the same place, and if you want different options, there are loads available.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I might have been looking at the wrong reflector that cost $20 I'm not to familiar with Dereelight, so the CL1H reflector that is $5 fits the 6P host?

etherealshade

Enlightened
That's right, the $20 one is for the DBS, which has a much larger head. The CL1H is their P60 size host. I've got an old XRE Q5 dropin from a CL1H that now lives in a 6PL. Works great, could use a wrap or two of copper or tinfoil for heat transfer, but it's quite a good fit.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

(I think) p60 is the stock surefire lamp that comes with some
of their lights and people just use that model # as a size/compatibility
ref.
D26 is the actual diameter of the p60 drop-in and I think usually
means the same thing. its probably a better description than p60?

someone please correct this if its wrong- Im not an expert and only have
one p60/d26 host and only one drop-in for it at this time.

great thread BTW

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
also arent the R3 bin xre's out now?
maybe nailbender or someone is getting them soonish.
I know the OP dosent want to buy from an individual
but some of us Id bet are interested in an R3 1.5A single mode w a SMO
reflector?

:hitit:

kramer5150

Flashaholic

The P60 is the surefire branded Xenon incan lamp assembly. Although many (myself included) use this term loosely to define any drop in that fits into the 6P.

D26 is the more generic term. "26" being the diameter of the reflector bezel rim.

So the P60 is a D26 sized drop in, being that it has a 26mm reflector dish.

However, not all D26 sized drop ins (26mm diameter bezel), fit into all P60 capable hosts. P60 hosts like the Leuphold and TOP stryker have narrower throat areas that are too small for the Malkoff and chinese LED drop ins.

OP... sorry for the off topic discussion.

Last edited:

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote would go to the Malkoff M60/M30 w/ optic. My Malkoff M30 has the best throw of any P60 I have had. It beats my Dereelight CL1H (P60) module pretty handily.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I thought about the Deerelight pill and then also buying the Deerelight reflector since it seems the pill simply screws into the reflector but that looks like it would cost $50 so I probably rule that one out. I'm not sure what recDNA had in mind for price but I was thinking $25-$35 for a XP-E or XR-E drop-in.

Ya, you could buy a T100C2 MarkII for less! (and that's about 12,000 lux)

I'd go to $50 if the drop in is spectacular but I'm also concerned that the 11,000 lux number might be in the DBS which has a larger than normal head. I'd like to put mine in my Javelin or L2.