K-9 flashoholics

Overamp

Newly Enlightened
So, I'm at my sisters house in the foothills near Yosemite last summer and my dog wants to go out at night but it's pitch black. After two nights of following her around the yard with my Petzl Tikka I decided to just let her ware it. She spent hours outside that night. In the house for 5 min. then out for 15. Another words, she loves her Petzl! So for the past year I've been running her and another dog with their own headlights if its still dark in the a.m. I drive out in the desert about a mile from my house and they run unleashed for about 2 miles, me following in my truck. Anybody try this? Give it a try and post up with the results please. I have two K-9 flashoholics.

Viper

Newly Enlightened
When I was in college, I worked for a guy who custom made some wireless video cameras for a customer. These cameras were eventually strapped to 2 guard dogs, so the owner could see what dogs were seeing by watching a CCTV.

But no, I have never thought of strapping a light to my dog.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
GRREeeaat...another thing you people have pushed me to buy....a dog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, that sounds like a lot of fun for you and the dogs. When i get my own dogs, i'll definately be trying a combination of lights on them.

JOshooter

Enlightened
If you get fed up with the dogs you could just say they weren't going fast enough...

Try one of those blinking modes with an EternaLight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
my Inova 24/7 works great on my little Daisy(beagle/basset hound mix) the weight of it is just enough,when hooked to her collar, to keep it pointing right in front of her. I've been leaving it on the red/amber flash mode

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LEDagent said:
GRREeeaat...another thing you people have pushed me to buy....a dog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, that sounds like a lot of fun for you and the dogs. When i get my own dogs, i'll definately be trying a combination of lights on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Combination of lights... as in Headlights and "tail" lights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
not sure how you would do a taillight...

maybe shove an arc aaa up the....

Catapult

Enlightened
And what if the dog decides to take a break... I guess that wouldn't be much of a problem since the Arc is so tough. It takes a poopin' and it keeps on goin'.

Wylie

Enlightened
My buddies dog seems to like walking around with a flashlight attached to her collar. She burned up a couple sets of batteries for me but she seemed to be having fun. How about a couple Infinty Ultras, one white and one red back to back with both clips holding the collar in each direction? One set over each shoulder may balance out the load to keep the light positioned right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Latest posts