• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB - rubber/silicone button covers for Mr Bulk lights

marcspar

Enlightened
I know someone was selling these, but I can't find the posts...

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I suggest that you contact Darkgear over on F-F via a PM. One of both of his kids make the button covers and sometimes they do not monitor their B/S/T thread. That is what I ended up doing after posting in the button cover thread and waiting for quite awhile.

Bill

marcspar

Enlightened
Thanks - I sent an email to Charlie and he forwarded it to Randy [Darkgear] - hopefully he will be able to help.

Has anyone else made their own replacement button covers for any the Bulk lights?

Marc

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not tried making my own but have had some experience with assembling the light, so take this FWIW.

I would imagine that any piece of silicone with the appropriate thickness would be sufficient.

Find a punch that would give you 1/4 inch circles or thereabouts (measure your existing one to make sure) and start making your own covers.

The real trick is inserting them back in so that the switch doesn't stick. It is more of an issue with thicker material, but you don't want to go too thin as the cover may not seat properly. Sorry, no tips to offer. You need to do a few to get the feel for it.