Emitter Overheating slowly killing it

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi about the 2 Novatacs I have now modded with K2's (both TFFC K2 UWOE emitter bought from the same person) only dif is the hosts, one is an older 120P and the other a newer 120E which is hacked to work like the 120P.

Now a while ago when I did the first emitter swap with the 120E I was amazed at how warm the tint was, also what surprised me was the heat it generated on high, about 3 mins and the whole body was hot, toasty hot, it doesnt step down a level until about 35 mins when the battery depletes a bit more. does a emitter swap still have thermal regulation? Now it takes a good 5 mins before the body heats up and even then its not as hot as it used to get.

Now onto my next candidate the 120P same emitter swap, just finished it tonight and it looks way warmer compared to the 120E I did a few weeks ago and it gets hotter a lot quicker, comparing them side by side and switching them on at the same time.

My question is does heat affect the tint and output of the emitter permanently, I have found that the 120E that has had the K2 emitter in it longer doesnt heat up like it used to, maybe because its not drawing as much current because it is damaged.

Also is the thermal sensor in the pill for the Novatacs,

One more thing to note my 120P (most current mod) had a nice white tint compared to my 120E prior to swap, does this mean one pill has more efficiency.

Thanks for reading guys, but I thought this was a bit fishy:thinking:

Last edited:

Balefire

Newly Enlightened
I recently modded a Raw NS to a K2 TFFC UW0E bin, and I also noticed that the emitter has a nice warm (well, warmer than I expected) yellow-white tint and that it does get hot quite quickly.
Of course, I am direct driving it off a 14250.

Anyway, I might be killing mine too, but it's worked okay so far. If the body is getting hot, doesn't that just mean that the heatsinking is working? That's what I assume is happening with my Raw, and I just make sure to hold the head so I can transfer some of that heat into my hand.