eage tac p100a2 cree q5 or romisen rc n3 cree q5?

american

Enlightened
anyone have either of these lights? i would like some pros and cons, and brightness and quality info, and water tightness. it would be awesome if someone has both and can tell me about them side by side, but any experience you have on either light, is much appreciated

johnny3073

Newly Enlightened
FWIW, the new ET P100a2 has been upgraded to the more efficient r2 emitter, and it's the same price as the older q5. I've read many very good reviews about the q5, and the newer r2 is getting even better ones. I'll probably be getting one myself soon.

As for the romisen, I can't comment because I've never owned/used any of their lights.

jugornot

Newly Enlightened
I bought 2 romisen rc n3s and while I was very pleased with them, I would not think that the romisens would be as high a quality as the eagletac. However I do not own an eagletac, and I gave away the romisens as gifts. Actually I bought them as gifts. The quality of the romisens is just good enough.

strinq

Enlightened
I have both.
You'll see the difference later. :)
The Eagletac has a much much better build quality, slightly brighter etc.
It's the kind of light you would not have any worries dropping etc.

american

Enlightened
i like to throw my lights in a sink of water, some of my lights get grease and motor oil etc on them so those lights i just wash off in the sink, my mini mags and my garrity led have done good under water, i check inside afterwards and its still dry

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF american.

I have an Eagletac P10A2 and it is GREAT. I believe that's the older version of the P100A2. I'm sure you will like it. Very bright for an AA light, with good beam pattern and good tint. I've handled other Eagletacs and the quality seems fine, especially considering the cost.

Many knowledgeable folks here have said that the quality of the Romisens is very good considering the cost. Since they cost less I would expect less than from the Eagletac. Many lower cost lights benefit from adding some lube to the o-rings to improve their waterproofness. I don't recall what the lube of choice is, I know that oil-based lubes will degrade some o-rings. I've used plumbers waterproof grease on some of my lights and the o-rings are holding up ok so far.

As far as the Q5 v R2 emitter bins, there has been some discussion saying that the increased brightness sometimes comes at the cost of a less desireable tint. In either case it's not that much brighter anyway.

johnny3073

Newly Enlightened
That looks like a great light. Do you know if they make it in a single A format? Thanks.

I think they have a new single cell series coming out soon, but don't know much more than that. The new models are listed as PC20A & PC20C. Find "Mike @ PTS" around here and he can probably fill you in. Here's the info from the site: http://www.eagletac-usa.com/products/productList.aspx?uid=1-17

You might also check out the Dealer's Corner and see if any Dealers are talking about them there.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
One important point on high power AA lights: if you want full brightness, don't use alkaline batteries, which will fade quickly at high brightness levels. I use the newer low-self-discharge NiMH rechargeables, like the Sanyo Eneloop, Duracell Pre-Charged [with WHITE top], or Ray-o-vac Hybrid. These can deliver the higher current that these lights want. You can also use Energizer Lithiums, but they are expensive and not rechargeable.

recDNA

Flashaholic
i like to throw my lights in a sink of water, some of my lights get grease and motor oil etc on them so those lights i just wash off in the sink, my mini mags and my garrity led have done good under water, i check inside afterwards and its still dry

That just struck me as funny...like a good thread topic.....I like to X my lights...for example

I like to throw my lights in a sink of water

I like to attach my lights to handguns

I like to juggle my lights with cats etc...LOL

Sorry, too much coffee, not enough sleep.:D

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of them are made in US. Romisen is more budget light - 20$ cheaper, less bright but runs much longer than P100A2. Check this out.