Why does the new Arc-AAA (v3.3) look different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of you may be wondering why the New Version 3.3 Arc-AAA has a different inscription pattern than previous Arc-AAA versions:

Original
aaabeforemag.jpg

New
aaaaftermag.jpg

It was brought to our attention by another flashlight company that they had a problem with the way we inscribed the lettering on our Arc-AAA. This was not with the text, font or color but with how the text was arranged around the battery compartment of the flashlight. They claimed to have a "trademark" on a "circumfrential inscription". We looked at this "trademark" and it clearly states that the inscription must be around the, "circular face cap cover or head of a flashlight". Since the Arc-AAA does not and never had an inscription anywhere on the head or face cap of the flashlight, we feel they are quite mistaken.

They also claim we are somehow infringing on a cylinder "trademark" that they haven't even been awarded yet. This is also quite incredible and surreal.

However, the company has continued to push this matter. In July, this company; Mag Instruments, served us with a lawsuit demanding we stop. We still do not see any logic in how we could possibly be infringing on either alleged "trademark". We have repeated to them through our attorney that their claims were simply wrong. They then dropped the lawsuit (less than a month after they served it). However, they are continueing to push this matter with us outside the court. They insist that we negotiate with them a settlement for some "wrong doing" on our part. We have offered to move our inscription further away from the head of the flashlight in the hopes that this would be agreeable to them. However, they have yet to accept this.

Anyways. This is just too wierd. I posted this here so there would be no rumors about what is going on. I ask that our customers refrain from any libel or damage to Mag Instruments. We must maintain maturity through this. If you have a question for us, please send it to me privately at [email protected]. Posting here may damage Arc or the CPF legally. As the moderator in this forum, I may delete any thread that takes this discussion public. Please understand our wishes on this matter. I encourage you to email me directly with any question. I makes my day to get a email/phone call with a message you are standing with us in this matter.

To date, we have incurred over $40k in legal fees so far dealing with this incredible issue. If you would like to help us out you may use Paypal to donate money to us. This works by going to paypal.com creating an account and then sending money to the email account [email protected]. Please clearly mark this as a "Legal Defense Donation".

Thank you for your support!

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.