Need a new warm AA light.

insanefred

Enlightened
I am growing tired of the TK20 (imperfect beam, loud squeal, all throw) ,, I am in the market for something new.
Unfortunately missed out on the warm tactical quarks :shakehead those would have been perfect.
Looking for a AA 2xAA or even a 4xAA warm emitter light. I want 2 programmable modes and a forward clicky. Tail switch lock out is a must.
Aiming to stay under $80 if I can. It also would like to have a bright enough turbo to be able to look into a dark cabinet or crawl space in a relevantly bright area.

I have been searching and searching CPF and decided that I need some help finding the right light.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
you might still be able to get a quark AA-2 in neutral white. you will just have to buy the 3 parts of the light seperately.

4sevens doesnt seem to list neutral warm tactical heads for sale, but a few weeks ago i emailed them asking if they have tactical neutral heads available, and they do.

eagletac has a couple of 2xAA lights in neutral tint.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
you might still be able to get a quark AA-2 in neutral white. you will just have to buy the 3 parts of the light seperately.

4sevens doesnt seem to list neutral warm tactical heads for sale, but a few weeks ago i emailed them asking if they have tactical neutral heads available, and they do.

eagletac has a couple of 2xAA lights in neutral tint.

I agree try and see if you can get a neutral warm tactical head and build the light from there.It will cost a little more to build the light from parts but you would get what you want. You may also wamt to consider the standard Quark head in nw if you can live with the multiple modes,I think they are available.

insanefred

Enlightened
seems like they have the tactical warm with the clip permanently attached :sick2:and don't have any 2xAA bodies in stock :sigh:. Unless I get a good discount I don't think I'll but totally satisfied. :mecry:

brted

Enlightened
JetBeam Jet I Pro should still be available in warm Q3. $70. Has a reverse clicky though. Not sure about lockout.

chenko

Enlightened
The upcoming Eagletac PC20A2 should be nice, but I don't know when they are coming out with a neutral tint version. I own a P20A2 in neutral white (I always go for neutral tint too) and I like it a lot, except the dumb UI issue which triggers the strobe too easily. The later batch was better, but I can live with that. It has lots of throw, more than the TK20 for sure.
Dereelight Javelin with one of their warm/neutral tint drop-in should be even better and even more throwy, plus it takes P60 drop-ins so you just change it when you grow tired of the light.

burntoshine

Enlightened
i recently bought a neutral white light from here. it's a neutral white friendly site. i noticed there's a couple AA eagletac models available; both under $80, but i'm not sure about the programmable thing. you may want to check them out though.

occasionally i'll see neutral white quarks (sometimes tactical/programmable) on CPF marketplace. you might just have to be patient and wait for one to pop up there.

good luck!

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry forgot 4sevens has been long sold out of the AA-2 bodies.

you can do what i did, i have a 123-2 R5. then ordered the neutral warm 123-2 head. i dont use it though because the beam of the R5 is just awesome. wider hotspot, and bright spill makes it perfect for my medium and close range use. i still prefer the warm tint though , so i also carry a jetbeam M lll warm tint for work. and a ZL H501w :crazy: