Thinking of getting a G2

THEluminator

Newly Enlightened
Im thinking of buying a G2. It will be my first Surefire. Im limited on money so its the only one i can afford. Any thing i should know or any recomendations for a better light for around the same price??

K-T

*Moderator*
I believe the G2 is hard to beat for what you get. You won't be disappointed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
You should know that the G2 may start you on the road to more SureFires.

I believe the G2 should be purchased along with an SC1 (Spares Carrier - holds six SF123A batteries and a spare lamp), P60 (Spare lamp for the G2) and at least one SF12BB (box of twelve SF123A's). Looking at my G2's, I'd also get a Lanyard for it while I'm at it.
For Black (G2-BK) or Yellow (G2-YL), the Z33 TailCap [Black] Lanyard Kit is what I'd get. SureFire have an Olive Drab Lanyard (Z28) and Z26 TailCap Lanyard Ring for their G2-OD (Olive Drab).

Thinking about it, the SC1 has a lanyard (grey paracord I believe) so if you got yourself an SC1, you could attach it to a Z26 and that may save you some money.

You don't need these things for your G2 right from the start, and no other company offers so many accessories for their products (I've outlined a fraction of what SureFire offer)
But if you do get a G2, you may end up getting these accessories anyway and it would be good to have worked them into your budget now and have them to hand should you need them.

Good Luck with your choice!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pahl

Enlightened
What Al said. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What color are you going to get?

I may have a extra NIB yellow one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gregw45

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
I believe the G2 should be purchased along with an SC1 (Spares Carrier - holds six SF123A batteries and a spare lamp), P60 (Spare lamp for the G2) and at least one SF12BB (box of twelve SF123A's). Looking at my G2's, I'd also get a Lanyard for it while I'm at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This exactly what I ended up getting when shopping for just a G2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif You get a great flashlight and enough gear for a "just in case" scenario.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Al
Would you tell us more about the tail caps(Z33 &Z26).
Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

pahl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
THEluminator said:
Actually i was gonna get a yellow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have two yellow ones coming in the mail. I should have them Saturday or Monday. I only wanted one, but the deal at the time was for two.

PM or email me if your interested in working something out.

K-T

*Moderator*
SureFire offers different Lanyards, lanyard rings or complete Lanyard kits.
The Lanyards are available in different colors:
black: Z27
charcoal: Z45
olive: Z28
The small ring that attaches to the lanyards and flashlight body, is the Z26 Tailcap lanyard ring.
So if you want a lanyard ring and a special colored lanyard you would either buy the Z26 and one of the mentioned colors above or buy a Z33 Lanyard kit which already includes a tailcap lanyard ring and a black lanyard.

The mentioned Z26,...,Z33 are not tailcaps but all this lanyard equipment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cool4light

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
You should know that the G2 may start you on the road to more SureFires.
Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that's how my flashlight buying frenzy began.

I'm glad i bought the G2 and the P61