Thrunite Catapult UI

GaryH

Newly Enlightened
I received a new Thrunite Catapult today and would be very grateful for some advise please. The instructions say there's no memory. I've read on forums that the torch always comes on in high mode (isn't that memory?). But my torch always seems to come on in the order of the modes. So if, for example, it's on medium for a minute then off for a minute it will come on next time in low (ie not high). Should it work like this?

Other than this it's a great torch and a super thrower.

Thanks guys.

Cheers.

Gary

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
That is the correct behavior for a light without mode memory. A torch with a mode memory 'feature' (try inconvenience) would come on in the last mode selected by the user.

stallion2

Enlightened
unless they've updated the UI then it should always come on in high mode. if nothing has been changed then it might be coming on in subsequent modes because you're not leaving it off long enough before switching it back on. you can soft press the button to cycle through modes or you can hard press to cycle through. normally it would come on in high mode everytime provided that you wait (approx 2 seconds) from the time its switched off to the time its switched back on. thats what mine does anyways.

GaryH

Newly Enlightened
unless they've updated the UI then it should always come on in high mode. if nothing has been changed then it might be coming on in subsequent modes because you're not leaving it off long enough before switching it back on. you can soft press the button to cycle through modes or you can hard press to cycle through. normally it would come on in high mode everytime provided that you wait (approx 2 seconds) from the time its switched off to the time its switched back on. thats what mine does anyways.

Hi, Thanks for this. I have left the light off for at least a minute and it comes on in the next mode in the cycle. I have had an email from my supplier who confirms that it should come on high and that mine must have a programme glitch. My supplier offered a replacement and I'm going to return it for an exchange. Although it's not a big problem I have an issue with strobes so need to avoid if possible. Cheers. Gary

stallion2

Enlightened
Hi, Thanks for this. I have left the light off for at least a minute and it comes on in the next mode in the cycle. I have had an email from my supplier who confirms that it should come on high and that mine must have a programme glitch. My supplier offered a replacement and I'm going to return it for an exchange. Although it's not a big problem I have an issue with strobes so need to avoid if possible. Cheers. Gary

huh...thats just plain weird. i wonder how something like that would even happen. good thing its Thrunite you're dealing with on this.

"whats that, sir? you're light isn't working properly? no problem, we'll fix it NOW." -and they really do. when my dome popped off they had another module in the mail before i had mine on its way back.