G2 on its way! Anything i should know?

SarcoBlaster

Newly Enlightened
The P60 lamp assemblies don't all have a perfect "round" beam, so don't be too surprised if the beam is somewhat oval. Other than that, stock up on the batteries! Well, it depends how much you plan to use it, but I always like to keep quite a few extra 123's handy.

THEluminator

Newly Enlightened
I have 8 SF123a's and am gonna order more once my stash gets smaller. Is the P61 LA worth it in terms of the brightness:runtime ratio?

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Get those spare batteries ready - there will be alot of clicking on and using for the first few days/week after its arrival in your hands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Skyline

Enlightened
I have P61s in my EDC G2Z and also in my M2. Any light that serves for personal security has to have the HOLA, it makes a difference. I do have a P60 in the 6P I leave in the glove compartment of my car. There, the longer runtime is more useful.

FoxMulder

Newly Enlightened
P61 is worth it. For the first week, you'll flash everything in sight with the P61. It puts out almost double the light of the P60.

Have you thought about getting the E2e? It makes the G2 look HUGE and it still puts out about the same light.

THEluminator

Newly Enlightened
Yeah i have but i wanted to get a light NOW not one i had to wait and save up for...the E2e will be my next light. Or maybe an L4 is im feeling saucy.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
You've had fair warning you about the little G2 gateway light.

Why do you suppose SF sells them so cheap?

Pretty soon it just won't be enough, the next step maybe and E2e or L4 like you said. You may be thinking I'll stop after that, but then that still won't be enough. Next you'll be looking at the TL's then on to the M6. It never stops ...

I'd suggest you never use it and just flush it down the toilet as soon as it arrives.

Screehopper

Enlightened
SF probably sells the G2 at an attainable cost to get you hooked onto their products. Then you'll be itching to buy some of their other higher ended models.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
THEluminator said:
I just ordered a yellow G2 fomr TW no more than a half hour ago. Anything i should know before it gets here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Hang on to your wallet, tightly. This is just the beginning, and you'll never be the same again. The G2 is what they call a "gateway" flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peter

Edit- Oops, I guess I should have read some of the previous posts before adding my .02. I was thinking I was the first one to use the term "gateway" to reveal what an insidious little beast the G2 is. Oh well, truer words were never spoken.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
THEluminator
Any thing you should know? Yes, the G2 is good enough to
give you a idea how good Surefires are! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Ya done good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

THEluminator

Newly Enlightened
Alright now i want it even more...The wait till Tuesday could not feel any longer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

hideo

Enlightened
just like heroin from the pusher--the first taste is free

the key to not wearing out the 123s is to own lots of lights and then thay last awhile--my two G2s are both on original batteries, but the Space Needle and LSH-P on the other hand ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hideo

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get an LSH-P to drain the last bit of juice out of the lithiums that have gone through your G2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

soloco

Enlightened
Everything you've heard about the G2 is right on! Actually, it's an all-around badass flashlight! I use it more than almost any other flashlight, just because I have them in both cars and in various toolboxes around the house. Definitely one of my favorites, and affordable to boot.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
yea, the G2 is the first light I bought as well and wasn't the last, heh heh. A month from now, don't be surprised if you find yourself saying, "my god, what have I done?"

Latest posts