Mag 4D w/7 XP-G R5

wildstar87

Enlightened
Just a quick post, thought I would share this with everyone else. Probably one of the easiest mods I've done.

Cutter 7-up board w/7 XP-G R5 leds at 1300mah
Khatod PL121406 50mm optic
Maxflex 5A
Download Multisink

This goes together almost too perfectly. Download Multisink that is screwed all the way down, Artic Silver compound (don't need epoxy), with Cutter 7up board, and Khatod optic on top of that. You will see in the pictures below that it fits the Mag head perfectly. I have the thicker UCL glass pressing down on the optic, which in turn presses down on the board/heatsink and everything is tight.

I did have to grind a little off the pegs on the optic because they were a little long and were thicker than the MCPCB, I also had to file a little off a protrusion you can see sticking out off one of the optics, I'm guessing it's and injection path or something like that, so it would sit inside the rim of the Mag head.

P1000693.jpg

P1000695.jpg

P1000696.jpg

P1000697.jpg

Beamshot isn't the greatest, color is off, but it gives you a general idea of the beam. It has a large hotspot, with some spill. I was hoping for a little bit better from a 10 degree optic, but they are SO TINY. Would have been nicer if they had made them a bit larger, and spread them out more.

P1000698.jpg

wildstar87

Enlightened
The Leds and Optics I got from Cutter, the heatsink is from Download, the Maxflex driver from Taskled.

Batteries I'm using in this are 12AA NIMH in 4D carrier. But you could probably use 4 Li-Ion batteries as well, basically the same voltage.

moviles

Enlightened
what heatsink under the "star"?

pictures of the heatsink

Last edited:

Latest posts