Surefire LumaMax LX2 - should I buy it ?

BigDawg147

Newly Enlightened
Before I buy the LX2 within the next couple of weeks. Any other lights you experts suggest? I can buy the LX2 with 20% off.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire LumaMax LX2

It's hard to recommend a light when you don't know what purpose it's for, however, the LX2 is a great multi-purpose light. Bright, rugged, compact.

Bill

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened

I've had my LX2 since July 2009 and carry clipped in my pocket daily. Its been dropped several times, some of the anodizing scratched off as a result, but it still works perfectly. The UI is awesome! You've made a great choice so buy it already! :D

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is a great light. I traded mine away, and have regretted it. I am now torn between replacing it and getting the E2DL.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you prefer simple forward clicky for hi and low, E2DL is the alternative.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you prefer simple forward clicky for hi and low, E2DL is the alternative.

I prefer the clicky of the E2DL but the LX2 is certainly one of the better looking lights I have. They both are identical in output and beam profile, they are just great lights I can't say it enough. The E2DL is my own personal favorite of anything I have. All these other brand light's keep coming out with such high outputs and etc. etc. but the E2DL/LX2 keeps pace and in most case's better anything else. I just can't find anything beating that wide hotspot that throws so far and I think sometimes the TIR optics spill is under rated. Bottom line get one of them :thumbsup:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Agreed. That's what kept me from getting a LX2, love the look but can't get use to the dual switch. Maybe I have a clumsy index finger and a thumb, can't do a quick constant hi while projecting the beam on a subject. If Surefire comes up a click-on tailcap switch option for LX2, I'll :paypal: instantly.

BigDawg147

Newly Enlightened

I like the looks of the LX2 better than the E2DL. Plus it's the size I'm looking for in that size range. Unless there is one btter. Without spending more $$$.

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened

If you plan on carrying it bezel down in your pants pocket with the clip attached to your pocket, then the LX2 is the way to go. The E2DL has a clothing "shredder" bezel and tail cap. If you're going to carry it in a holster then the E2DL would be fine, assuming you like the clicky.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Before I buy the LX2 within the next couple of weeks. Any other lights you experts suggest? I can buy the LX2 with 20% off.

Welcome to CPF Large Canine!

Are you referring to the REI sale? I have an old L2 that uses the same switching mechanism and love that old war horse. The new LX2 (I don't have one) on paper has twice the output and twice the runtime with half the heat, whats not to love? Oh-yeah, its smaller too.

kelmo

BigDawg147

Newly Enlightened

REI has the 20% off for members. Plus the free shipping.

boulder

Newly Enlightened

If you are considering the LX2 then go for it! This is a beautiful light. The TIR is amazing, like nothing I've ever seen before. Its great for outdoor work. Good low mode for anything up close. Great high mode for soptting things in the distance...wayyy in the distance! I showed mine to a non-flashaholic the other night and he was completely blown away.

Size15's

Flashaholic

If only there were a 1x123 version.....:thinking:
I'm also looking forward to SureFire being in a position to schedule their update to the L1 (called the LX1) into production.
However, the sheer force of beam that the LX2 produces is worth the additional length and 2nd SF123A IMHO.

Al

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm also looking forward to SureFire being in a position to schedule their update to the L1 (called the LX1) into production.
However, the sheer force of beam that the LX2 produces is worth the additional length and 2nd SF123A IMHO.

Al

I'm a 1x123 lover, but to Al's list I'd add: the additional runtime.

sfca

Enlightened

Well if not the LX2, there's always the E2DL :thumbsup::thumbsup:!!!!

Fender

Newly Enlightened

The LX2 is fantastic. Add an F04 diffuser for fantastic flood!!!