Streamlight TL3 led ETA???

arioch

Enlightened
Anyone know when they will be available? Or are they already available somewhere? I only see the TL3 xenon out at this time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
I spoke with SL two weeks ago and they should have shipped sometime this week to the dealers. So maybe next week we might start to see them becoming available. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I haven't confirmed with SL if they did indeed ship, but I owe them a call Monday for other matters, so I will enquire again.

Ed.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are large dealers shipping them now. Cabalas, and others have had them. I don't now why our folks (Brightguy, TW, etc.) haven't received them.

But I WANT mine soon.

MikeF

Enlightened
I ordered 1 from Cabela's and they e-mailed me back to confirm the order and let me know that they were expecting to receive them 7/18/03, so hopefully they will ship mine early this upcoming week if they did receive them when expected and in quantities to cover back orders.

arioch

Enlightened
It seems strange to me that Cabela's was expecting the TL3led's on 7/18, when I just received an e-mail from Brightguy saying that SL was setting an ETA for the TL3led at the end of August. Did Brightguy possibly get their order in late w/ SL? They currently have the TL2led in stock.

MikeF;

Please advise if/when you get the TL3led; I would like to get one from my "regular" dealer, but one month difference is kind of a long wait (in flashlight years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif). Also, a review and beamshots would be nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I know that it was first slated to be released in May, then June, and now July. Reason is they were initially simply resistored down from the 9V of the three 123's, but SL found a "beautiful circuit" (their CEO's actual words spoken directly to Yours Truly, who calls Ray regularly and pesters him) to use in them and they are now going to be REGULATED.

We live in interesting (flashlight) times, indeed.

rookie

Enlightened
If they are going to be regulated, will the advertised run time of 4 hours at max brightness be a lot shorter?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received an E-mail from Brightguy in regards to my TL-2 LED and TL-3 LED.

I quote: "I did get an update from Streamlight
today on the TL-3 LEDs. Apparently, they're QC has rejected a part. So, we
are looking at mid August at the earliest."

I had them ship my TL2 LED , and an additional 1L TT now.Will report on the TL2 LED in a few days. I REALLY hope it is very white.........

Doug Meister

Newly Enlightened
Since the TL-3 is a 5w Luxeon - I wonder how bright it'tl be and how it compares to other lights.

(I've been gone a long time because I suffered LED burnout)
--Ðøug
blink.gif
2003.7.23.0.26.40 PT

Towelie

Newly Enlightened
I know I've said this before, but just in case you missed it Doug, the TL-3 LED is supposed to be roughly 85 lumens

Towelie

Newly Enlightened
yeah, what Treek said. If your looking for a Streamlight with multiple LED's, look into the Twin Tasks.
Also, check out their 3AA luxeon, it's somewhat comparable to an L1 or SL TL-2 LED. All 3 of these utilize a 1W; however, the L1 rates between 13-20 lumens, while SF claims their models are about 22 lumens but roughly 35 lumens on their catalogs. You can't beat the SL's especially with their prices. I got mine from Meridian Tactical, Chris delivered pretty fast too.

arioch

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
I ordered 1 from Cabela's and they e-mailed me back to confirm the order and let me know that they were expecting to receive them 7/18/03, so hopefully they will ship mine early this upcoming week if they did receive them when expected and in quantities to cover back orders.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cabelas said the release date for the tl3 is 09/08/03

[/ QUOTE ]

What is going on? I just got off of the Cabelas website, and it lists the TL3led as being in stock! This after Brightguy and others stated that due to a delay, SL is delaying their release until mid August at the earliest.

Brightguy, to their credit, put "coming soon" for the TL3led, instead of being available or in stock.

MikeF

Enlightened
Hello,
I just received my SL TL3-LED from Cabela's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I won't have a chance to take beamshots until later, but I did install batteries and compared it side by side with my brand new SureFire L4 Digital Lumamax, that uses 2 CR123A batteries. I thought that the SF L4 was very white, but when it is side by side with the SL T3-LED, the Surefire is slightly green, and not as bright. Also, the Streamlight can be focused, so the beam pattern and coverage can be changed as well. Both flashlights are 5W Luxeons,and both flashlights use CR-123A batteries. The Streamlight uses 3 batteries, and the Surefire uses 2 batteries. On first impression, I like the Streamlight's light level and focusing ability, and I like the portability of the SureFire. I will probably EDC both for a while and then decide upon one or the other.

Towelie

Newly Enlightened
Hey Mike, can you please post a pic of your tl-3 LED and a comparison photo of the beamshots next to the SFL4? It would be greatly appreciated.

Free

Enlightened
I just recieved an E-mail from Brightguy that my TL3 shipped. Unfortunately I selected ground shipping so I won't have it until next Thursday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

rookie

Enlightened
Please post beamshots as we are all curious as how it compares with the other 5 Watters....

occ

Newly Enlightened
I would like to know what finish you chose. I heard the green is not OD, but more like a forest green.