500 5mm LED Flashlight

So if he's got all of them fully optimized at about 10 lumens per led, he's have about 5000 lumens of blue flood light:). Somebody needs to invite him over here.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
That flashlight is like 4 years old, I saw it the first time when I joined CPF.

There is now way it produces 5000 lumens. If 5mm leds do not reach 100 lumens per watt, there is no way they do with that lots of resistors.

The final beamshot looks more like a Olight M30.

I think this thread does not belong here.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I think this is at least the third thread I've seen linking to that video.
+1. OP, suggest searching for your keywords rather than posting yet another thread on this.

It not mine, But defiantly a waste of time and money and parts.

The guy did a good job in putting this together - it's not his fault that he hadn't joined CPF & read up on the latest tech. My guess it that this is better than any light that you've designed & built from scratch. :ironic:

Edit: In fact, it looks like he built it from scratch before you even bought your first ever LED flashlight

Last edited:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1. OP, suggest searching for your keywords rather than posting yet another thread on this.

The guy did a good job in putting this together - it's not his fault that he hadn't joined CPF & read up on the latest tech. My guess it that this is better than any light that you've designed & built from scratch. :ironic:

This. Every last word of it...

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh look. Just one search turned up this thread, which was closed because this one already existed. And considering the maker himself chimed in on that thread - very interesting posts, too - I suggest further discussion be in that thread.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
And considering the maker himself chimed in on that thread - very interesting posts, too
+1, I couldn't agree more. :huh:

BTW, here are a few relevant posts from that thread:
(posted by some very highly-regarded CPF members I might add)
The intention of this post wasn't to express my amazement of the output of his device, but rather to make others aware of the ingenuity of some people out there who may or may not know of CPF. While I agree that I wasn't very impressed with the overall output, I will say that it's a cool light nonetheless with one heckuva switchboard. I just think it's neat to discover others out there like ourselves.
Agreed 100%! Just think what this guy might be capable of creating when he learns about the latest developments in lighting technology. I hope he shows up here!
This light is still cool and your average joe would be extremely amazed by such a light.
I would really like to see this guy show up here and use some of the new LEDs to create something.:party:
Welcome to the forums mwhens :D
Good going with your project - awesome indeed :twothumbs
Keep reading/learning - I am sure you will build even more unique projects in the future ;)

Last edited: