I would like to share this heartfelt information with the forum....

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
So many of you know about the loss of my wife's son (my stepson) SGT. Elijah Rao, to an IED in Afghanistan a few months back. This is an update for those who already know about Elijah and an introduction for those who did not know about the loss of this remarkably wonderful, patriotic, generous young man.

After the tragedy of 9/11 and the beheading of Daniel Pearl, Elijah decided that he was called by God and country to join the Army and serve in defense of our freedom and peace. He put his entire life, wife, daughter, family on the shelf to go over to Iraq and Afghanistan so that we here at home might continue to enjoy our relatively safe and secure lives here.

On December 5th, 2009, Elijah was on patrol in Afghanistan, searching out roadside bombs that might harm others, when insurgents triggered a massive IED in a culvert directly beneath where Elijah was standing, sending him immediately into the arms of God. This has changed our lives forever.

A Google search for Elijah Rao will bring up a huge amount of information and news stories about Elijah, but here is a link to the memorial page we have just established in his memory. We invite you to join Elijah's memorial page on Facebook, where you will find many photos of Elijah, his return to Dover, return home, funeral, and interment service.

http://www.facebook.com/LegendImaging?ref=name#!/group.php?v=wall&ref=mf&gid=368903928388

We wish to give deeply heartfelt thanks to the very, very many of you who so graciously expressed condolences in the initial thread about Elijah's loss.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/251670

Peace be with you all and may God Bless our heroic, selfless Armed Services members whose terrible sacrifices are made to protect the rest of us.

The family of Elijah John-Miles Rao

Last edited:

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
God Bless you and your family and thank all of you for the ultimate sacrifice. Your remarkable attitude brought tears to my eyes before even leaving this page to check out your links.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
May each and every member AND THEIR FAMILIES of our Armed Forces (including reserves, Coast Guard, all the other support members), Law Enforcement, Border Patrol, Fire/Ambulance/Rescue, and anyone else I forgot to include--know that we all profoundly appreciate the sacrifices and risks taken for all of the rest of us.

That goes a hundred-fold for instances where loss of life & injuries have occurred.

Thank you for reminding us.

OCD

Enlightened
I wanted to post something heartwarming and touching, but all I can come up is...THANK YOU!....to everyone who ever has, or ever will put their lives on the line for this great country!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
"People sleep peacfully in there beds at night because strong men stand ready to do violence on there behalf"

R.I.P. SGT Rao...You WILL NOT be forgotten...

Comrade in arms,

AOW

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I wish I knew something better to say.

We appreciate his ultimate sacrifice for keeping everyone in America safe from those fanatics who would murder us due to their evil, twisted, beliefs.

Thank You for keeping us updated.