New Luxeon N Cell Light

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering if there is any interest in a single N cell powered flashlight. This ArcMania powered prototype gives about 2.5 hours of steady light output and then another 4 hours or so more in low level output.

ncell2.jpg
ncell1.jpg

When finished, it will have nurling and black HA anodize. And a key ring will finish the light off for easy carry.

There will be a few extra of these and was wondering if anyone else would be interested in such a light.

Not sure how everyone feels about an N cell powered Luxeon light, but if there's interest, the quantity to be made can be adjusted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

First of all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

How much will they sell for? Does it have a hole for a keyring? How bright? What is the air speed of an
Unladen Swallow? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like one,Kevin are these the same circuit thats in the micro? rank of the lux? not that it really matters.
Chris:)

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there's enough interest to increase the quantity so the machining and HA gets spread across units, these could be priced at about $120.00 with carrying case and key ring.

That price is a guess at this time, but should cover everything for this flashlight. What BIN Luxeons ect., I can't answer at this time, as I don't have them yet, but would like to use BIN R like in the Micros. These will be at least the same brightness as the Micro.

This post is just to explore the interest level at this time. It will take the machinst a couple weeks to get the first complete cases finished, and I'll post those pics when available.

Thanks!

Raindrop

Enlightened
If you are starting a list please put me on it! I would be interested in at least one if the output is anything like the Micro Illuminator /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

~Greg

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot to mention that this light should be waterproof to 30 feet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
Now you throw in the waterproofing. This could lead to some changes in my rods or my personal rods anyway. Lighter more sensitive but less run time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats just too cool. If it's really going to streach out several weeks before you'll need money then I'm in. Spent too much this week already though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Don't worry, it won't come out of the money I'm saving for the LS4.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lambda,

I would definitely be interested. Put me on the list, please. Any more info? Very interesting! I EDC the Arc LS on my keychain, and this fits the bill for what I was looking for. Actually, I kind of like the silver, but black is good too.

Wylie

Enlightened
Hey yeah what Roy said?
It looks like the changes to my rods would be very minimal although I do need to find the rechageable N cells and some sort of a charger as well.
Huh! That's the first set of metric venires I have seen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I thought four inches was a little long for a single N cell flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
The little 12 volts really don't have much amp hour to offer I guess. I was with the thought of bringng up the amperage in the voltage drop but with so little mah to work with in the first place I can understand.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
oh wow !
put me down for one sure and maybe a second depending on final price ...
bernhard

p.s.: will the preordering take place here on cpf?

paulr

Flashaholic
Nice!!! I'd want one but am spending way too much money on lights. You should do an AAA version with the same design. It would be much smaller than the Micro Illuminator.

How does the N version compare in size to Larry's CR2 light?