Surefire D3 clickie?

Ross

Enlightened
Hi folks,
Is there such a thing? having done some reading, it is not possible to remove the switch assembly to put a modified kroll switch in so I may have to buy a SF part - can anyone help?

Thanks

Ross

K-T

*Moderator*
The clicke for the D3 would be the Z49 in black. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Z48 is the same in HAIII.

edited to correct the part number

K-T

*Moderator*
Ross, I got that wrong. The black one is the Z49!!! Not Z48, that's the HAIII version. Sorry.

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire have assigned "Z" numbers to more compact Clickies Z58/Z59 compared to the Z48/Z49.

As the Z48/Z49 are based on the SW02, it is likely that the Z58/Z59 will be based on the Z57.

No release date has been given.

Al

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would the g2 tailcap with a McGiz kroll adaptor work on the D3?

K-T

*Moderator*
I believe he has the standard A2 tailcap on it - any other tailcap won't work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ross

Enlightened
Wolfen, I can't seem to get the D3 clickie switch out of the housing! If I could, I would make my own adapter for it. If anyone knows of an easy way to do that - I'm all ears!!

Ta

Ross

p.s. Al - should I wait for the Z58/59? How long do you expect waiting for them to become available?

K-T

*Moderator*
[ QUOTE ]
Ross said:
(...) How long do you expect waiting for them to become available?

[/ QUOTE ]

SF does not give release dates for their future products. Nobody knows when they will release the Z58/Z59, just keep a good contact to dealers as they seem to be the first to know when things are available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ross

Enlightened
OK, I have the screw out now, this brings out the 'plate' and spring. I dont seem to be able to get the 'pressure switch' from the top out. I can put my G2-YL endcap on with my modified kroll switch and it functions as normal but I would much prefer to have the black endcap on it! Can you help me to get the pressure switch out? Am i better buying a proper switch?!??

Ta

Ross

yclo

Flashaholic*
Then get a pair of pointed needle nose pliers, there should be two slots on the black thing. It is a retaining nut that can be unscrewed if you put the two ends of the pliers to the slots.