Most throw'y light for showing off

insanefred

Enlightened
Without Aspherical element.

Brightess, reasonably decent battery (for a night of owws and uhhhs)

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not the most throwy light out there, but for sheer 'WOW' factor, a TK30/40 puts out a lot of light with a wide hotspot that makes the unenlightened feel like they are in the presence of greatness.

It's a great show off light as most people are impressed with the medium output (93 lms), then you put it on high they go 'Wow!'.

Then you say 'O wait, there's one more.' and stick it on turbo and leave them with their mouth open.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would probably go with the E2DL because the wide throwy beam is impressive and then pull out the Eagletac P20C2 MKII for it's small size and wall of light wow fator.

utlgoa

Enlightened
I suggest the Led Lenser X21 even though it has what some would call an "aspherical element" due to its lens design. You will get alot of compliments when you demonstrate the Flood and spot feature.

stallion2

Enlightened
Thrunite Catapult has plenty of wow factor. but for the most immediate shock when showing it to people i've found Olight's M30 has more impact even though it is by no means a throwing light.

ranger07

Newly Enlightened
Eagletac M2XC4 throws very well, and the battery life is pretty decent. To someone who has never been around decent lights it is sure to impress. The price is great for the output you get.

insanefred

Enlightened
how is the Olight SR90 Intimidator? I see that it is a bit expensive, but still interested in some thoughts.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Without Aspherical element.

Brightess, reasonably decent battery (for a night of owws and uhhhs)

You never said what size light. If you don't mind BIG go with an HID. No LED flashlight without aspheric really outthrows HID's. For example the Microfire Warrier 3 throws about 114,000 Lux! Bigger HID's have even more throwing power.

If the light can be big but not huge the Eagletac M2XC4 (30,000 Lux) is a great thrower with lots of useful spill. The beam pattern is like a 3 leaf cover because it has 3 LED's.

The DereeLight DBS Q5 2SD is smaller and throws just as far. Of course to give you all that throw it has a large head.

The Catapult throws a little further (31,000 Lux) and has a single SST-50 so the beam has a more normal shape with a yellowish color. The Catapult is also bigger than the M2XC4.

If you want something small enough to stick in your pocket or wear in an included holster on your belt the Eagletac T20C2 (15,000 Lux). Note I said T20C2 NOT the new T20C2 Mark II XPG. The older R2 version has much more throw.

If price matters the Eagletac T100C2 (12,000 Lux) is another good choice. Dollar for dollar I don't think there is anything out there that beats the T100C2 for throw without an aspheric.

(Lux figures from Lite-Reviews.com)

Last edited:

maskman

Newly Enlightened
I don't own one so I'm not recommending, but if I were looking for a light to impress friends and influence enemies I'd look at the Ray D1. 20000 LUX from a light driven by one RCR-123 should create slack jaw just about anywhere it gets turned on. Review here https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/256948

357mag1

Enlightened
With AA batteries definitely a TK40.

The OP mentioned an SR90 and that will definitely throw and light up the night. For an economical thrower go to Lighthound and get the Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1 for $60 and the L2 host for $13 and you have a combination that will out throw a Jetbeam RRT-1. I was so impressed with this combination that I immediately ordered another one.

Just keep in mind you need to use either two primaries or rechargebles to get full brightness from the Masterpiece Pro-1. You can get an extension for $5 more and run either 2 18500s or 18650s depending on which extension you get.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Can I also suggest the Dereelight Javelin for an AA powered torch. With 2 AA's it throws really nice but with 3 AA's it turns into a throw fiend!.

But I must admin, there is not too many non-custom, reasonably priced, stock lights that will out-throw a Tiablo A10-G. I've got the TK40, Catapult, Dereelight DBS V3, RRT-1 and RRT-2 and the M1X, and the Tiablo wins the throw comp. out of my collection.

Then again, the Dereelight DBS with the aspherical head? Yes it can throw, but I must admit, the Tiablo A10-G is still my fav. thrower.

stallion2

Enlightened
the SR90?....well, it has a lot of WOW factor. i can't wait til it warms up a little more so i can take it out on the lake and really see it in action...maybe **** off a few of the lakers trying to get some shut eye. i'm not sure what you could really compare it to...the beam's geometry is perfect for lack of a better term. its hot spot decimates the one from my Stanely HID...and many other HIDs from what i understand. it sounds like the only HIDs that can outperform it are generally 35W or more. of course w/ the HIDs you generally have to wait 30s or more for it to reach full output...that kinda handicaps the "WOW" factor imho.

Last edited:

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You never said what size light. If you don't mind BIG go with an HID. No LED flashlight without aspheric really outthrows HID's. For example the Microfire Warrier 3 throws about 114,000 Lux! Bigger HID's have even more throwing power.

You should check Olight SR90 Intimidator. It can easily compete with bigger HIDs!

hkusp9

Newly Enlightened
You should check Olight SR90 Intimidator. It can easily compete with bigger HIDs!

yeah it darn well should for $450.00. Thats gun money man.

are there any true 1000 lumen out the front easy UI lights out there for under $200?