The Tabasco Master Thread

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a search on the CPF and to my total amazement there was no, and I mean "no" mention at all of the different ways to use Tabasco. I feel like there are a lot of different uses that could shared. So here it is. How do you use your Tabasco?

OK so I'm board but really, the other day at work some guy suggested that I put some green Tabasco on some scrambled eggs and it was great. What are some other ideas?

Does anyone remember that scene in Forrest Gump wear Forrest and Bubba were talking about different ways to eat shrimp?

OOPS, sorry Sasha; already off topic, but, you get the idea

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Tabasco is so...ordinary. Trappeys is much better.

That said, the red gold goes on potatos and eggs like Al and SureFire.

See how I tied that in to flashlights?

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, Rumor has it that Tabasco is suing Trappeys, because they put the label on the side of the bottle. Any one hear that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
If you like it hot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif, try Sambal , an Indonesian chilli paste... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Arizona Gunslinger ROCKS!! But seriously...I like em' all!! (BTW - Oh yeah, I'm on two Prilosecs a day!!)

Love the green Tabasco (yeah red also)...but the new "Smoked Chipotle Tabasco" is GREAT on eggs!!

Salmon on crackers..with a little lemon juice and a few drops of any of the above...oh and you can put a slice of jalapeno on it also!!

Also, though not really hot..."Tiger Sauce" is also great on the Salmon/Cracker combo!!

Hey, let's all have a "Flashaholic Taste Test"...everyone post a "favorite" taste using one of their "favorite sauces" on a simple recipe/finger food/appetizer...then on a set day we'll try them and think of those who submitted their ideas, perhaps share thoughts on those "tastes"...sort of an around the world (though at home) event!

Now I can't procure "Monkey", and I'm not going to substitute any type of "roadkill" for it...so keep it simple!

Of course we'll have to have some "cool ones" to "reset our taste buds" between snacks...oh and did I mention holding this event at Sasha's place (hey I said "at home", I didn't say mine!) and that D&D were bringing the "cool ones"? I'll bring the salmon! Ryan, can you bring the crackers?

<font color="blue"> "Just noticed this is my 'One Ton' post"...Oh and by the way, I'll be having that salmon/cracker/hot sauce combo tonight (along with those cool ones...reflecting on those posts, interactions, conversations, transactions I've had with all of you! Thank you once again DavidW for the CPF, Sasha for all the hard work and "whipping" you have to do to "keep us in line", and to all of the other (Hey, do you really want me to list ALL of the names?) Admins, Mods, & Members for this "place in space" - where that came from I don't know...seriously...I think I love you all! sniffle, sniffle!!</font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Sigman,

I forgot about the Chipotle sauce. That's some really good stuff. I think I'll get some at the store today.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like LOTS of different hot sauces too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But I did just get a bottle of Tabasco's Habenero sauce, and this still is pretty hot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I LOVE it. It's really good. I recommend it.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I can't stand most hot sauces... the only kind I used with any regularity at all was that Lawrey's green sauce with the little "thermometer" on the label near the bottom of its range. I'd just dump that stuff all over tacos or enchiladas. Figured the bottle lasted maybe a week or two in the fridge, then it would be empty and need to be replaced. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MichiganMan

Enlightened
I like to put a few drops of Tabasco into a cold mug of Killians Red although I imagine any good red beer will do. I discovered it in the Army. You have to really have a taste for spice to do this to a otherwise perfectly good beer.

As for real burn, I'm currently working my way through a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce. Veeerrry carefully.

JOshooter

Enlightened
One strange use I saw on the Telly the other day was that during a certain war, I'm not sure which one, our troops used to put Tabasco drops in thier eyes so they were able to stay up all night./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

I would rather put it to some good use on food. Speaking of cipotles, Subway has a new Chipotle sauce, it might be worth checking out. BTW I'm looking forward to that salmon Sigman!

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Salmon sounds real tasty, In fact I'm going to the store now. I don't think the stores here carries Tiger Sauce but you don't know unless you try.

So who's up for a contest? Needs some idea's and a prize.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
I can't see how they would actually put drops INTO their eyes without seriously damaging them, but I can tell you from experience that rubbing your eyes with residue on your fingers is more than sufficient to wake you up.

(A Ranger buddy of mine would take a sliver of Copenhagan snuff and put it into his eye when in need of a non-conventional wake-up) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a great hot sauce made from mango, onion and habanero. Sweet and hot with zing, all at the same time. It rocks with some fresh chutney on seafood steaks, like tuna or sword. Oh, man.

The Four Food Groups in life are Seafood, Chocolate, Wine (which includes the whole creative genre of alcoholic beverages), and Hot Sauce (all of the various incarnations, of which I have waaaay too many). Of these, there can never be enough for me.

iddibhai

Enlightened
that sambal olek indonesian stuff is nice. i like the various tabascos but they are a little thin, i like something more viscous so it sticks on the food not drip down my hand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif