Screen Protector used for Lens Protector?

FoxMulder

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if it would be worth it to use a lens protector on flashlights. Would the heat melt it? These guys can custom make screen protectors. I was thinking of having some made for my A2, E2e, L4 etc.

These ones are clear (not textured). Would the heat melt it? I guess I could try, I have a couple dozen from them for my PDA. I'm scared to scratch or scuff the lens on my EDC (A2) because it's not a cheap light. At least to me it's not.

So what do you guys do to protect your investment?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
you shouldn't have to worry about scuffing the lens on your A2 because its made of pyrex /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FoxMulder

Newly Enlightened
Oh,

I have an older 6P that has a huge scuff mark accross the lens. Annoying /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif So Pyrex won't do that? Do they scratch?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the older 6P you have probably has a lexan lens, and lexan lenses can be easily scratched. pyrex is glass, and is very scratch resistant though hard impacts can crack it whilst lexan is shatter-proof. the pyrex lens on your A2 also won't deform due to heat produced by the incandescent beam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif