How long/hard is it to get a custom together?

Noctis

Enlightened
Say I wanted a Surefire 6P customized to take 18650 cells, with either a Malkoff M60 MC-E or Nailbender SST-90 drop in.

The host seems to be mostly out of stock, and I'm not sure if they even include the tail cap and head. The Malkoff is too popular to get a new one, as nobody really wants to sell one. The SST-90 seems a bit of a ripoff at Lighthounds for over $130.

Just wondering how hard it would be to get all the necessary pieces in and put them together.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in the same boat a few months ago and it seemed daunting.
I just contacted electronguru via PM as I didnt totally understand
how to order via his thread.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/234868

Its pretty much a one stop shop where they customize the light
to order. I got a bored C2 w Mcclicky n smooth ss bezel + tail shroud.
oh and a GITD boot. then I got the SST50 dropin from NB
its about 65$ I think. the 90s are more but in a small host like a 6p
the 50 has a little more throw Ive been told. its about 500 lumen at turn on
for the 3 mode regulated (what I have)
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/260694

anyways, the host came in 2days and the drop-in in 4 or 5 so it
dosent take long and you can PM them with ?s and they both dont
seem to mind one bit answering.

Im really happy with my set up!
good luck!
:thumbsup:

Phyltre

Newly Enlightened
I just finished up orders from Nailbender and Electronguru, and both were extremely helpful in a suprisingly short time. When in doubt, PM! Get a list together of parts you want, links to those parts, and read descriptions very carefully between them. Once you think you have a solution, PM your list/links to one of the CPF vendors (who sells at least one of the parts on your list) and ask if everything looks good/is available. The key is doing your own footwork first rather than throwing a list of requirements in someone's face.

It's daunting--I'll freely admit I spent a few hours with 10-20 tabs (constantly switching between them!) open looking at product details to go from knowing nothing about Surefire parts/mods to being able to make a comprehensive lego/custom order.

There's no single answer to your question. If a CPF'er has what you want in stock, it's as simple as PayPal. But stock levels for custom parts can change by the hour--and with reservations, they might all be sold before they even hit "the market!" As previously stated, PM the people who make what you want. It's really the only way to be sure about any part of the process.