Nitecore Defender Infinity R2 Help Please

carl8190

Banned
I currently EDC my Nitecore D10 and love having it on my keychain. I know the Defender Infinity is not an ideal keychain light because of the momentry on it will always be getting turned on but I want a new toy:D I was wondering does the Defender Infinity R2 version use the same XP-E r2 the new d10 SP uses?

Look forward to you guys answering my question and also giving your thoughts on the NDI. I kind think its expensive for what it is but I love the look of it. The only worry is its been out for so long they might suddenly bring a upgraded version out and I would be gutted not having that.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Search is your friend. Go read up.

http://www.nitecore.com/products/ndi/

If you are worried about the Infinity getting switched on in your pocket, you could always lock out the tail cap but it is troublesome if you need to use it fast. Anyway, do take note that Nitecore is not providing actual off-the-front (OTF) lumens rating but rather lumens measured from the LED emitter. The actual usable OTF lumens should be about 30 to 40% lesser than the stated lumens. Note also that the beam profile and output is similar to your R2 D10.

I seriously doubt Nitecore would be coming out with anything great right now. They seem to be very quiet when all the other competitions are rolling out new products.