• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 3 NOW 2 Ceramic Coated EX10s $75 each for 24hours only, then withdrawn

jslappa

Enlightened
I had this thread in the MP, but I think it's more appropriate here.

Up for sale are 3 2 hard ceramic coated (Cerakote) EX10's. I had quite a few lights coated recently, and made enough to sell here in the forums. All lights are completely new, and the original anodizing of the EX10's is still under the Cerkote, providing unrivaled chemical and abrasion resistance. For complete information on Cerakote, please visit www.nicindustries.com. This is the coating that Malkoff uses for his orange hosts. These coating are 2-part, and must be baked for 2 hours after pplication. This is not a WalMart engine spray paint! These were custom done by a reputable gun shop here in Michigan, and I have pesonally had 2 firearms coated with this coating.

There are many types of Cerakote, and the finishes I chose are for the firearm community. These colors, like the Flat Dark Earth for sale below, have the "H" designation, which stand for Hard coat. This is by far, the most chemically resistant and abrasion proof coating available today. Below is an excerpt from NIC's tech data sheets.

FLAT DARK EARTH
5% Salt Spray (ASTM B117) 1000 hrs
Pencil Hardness (ASTM D3363) 9h
Scratch Hardness (ASTM D3363) 2h
Adhesion Cross-Cut Tape (ASTM D3359) 5B
Mandrel Bend (ASTM D522) 180°rotation with no coating loss
Impact (ASTM D2794) 160 / 160 inch-lbs
Out of the 20 or so lights I had done, I only have 3 available to sell. All 3 are NIB EX10's (except for the coating), and are the older ramping XRE R2s. Price for each one will be $95 shipped Priority with DC#. International buyers will pay exact shipping, minus the $6 I figured for US Priority and DC#. First "I'll take it" followed by a PROMPT paypal payment will get each light. Please don't post that you'll take it, then ask to pay later. That's not fair to other buyers who are locked and loaded with their PayPal.

DSC_0427.jpg

CSC_0435.jpg

CSC_0437.jpg

#1. is SOLD the Pink EX10. $95 as noted above.
DSC_0415-1.jpg

#2. is the Foliage Green EX10 $95 as noted above
DSC_0418.jpg

#3. is the Flat Dark Earth EX10 $95 as noted above
(I don't have a separate pic of the Flat Dark Earth, but it is the last light on the right, next to the Blue Titanium EX10.
DSC_0425.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

jslappa

Enlightened
Re: 3 NOW 2 Ceramic Coated EX10s

I wish I had a clip to install for her. That would be perfect. My wife loves her pink/stainless EX10.

jslappa

Enlightened

Momma wants a clip, where do I get one?

I'll do some searching. Batterjunction and 4sevens carried them. Not sure if they have any in stock, and BatteryJuntion isn't back to work yet.

For everyone else, after Paypal get's their cut, and I pay $6 for shipping, sbtract $70 for the stock light, and that's only $15.94 for the hard ceramic coating.

EDIT: Looks like BatteryJunction has them for $5, and they start operations again tomorrow.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-ex10-clip.html

EDIT #2. Wouldn't let me add it to my cart. I have plenty of D10 clips, bit I think the back plate is a little longer. I'll keep searching.

Last edited:

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast

I found a clip!!!!! :D There's a clip on my other EX10. It will be clip-less, but it's better to have the clip on the pink one.

$15.94 wow, that's cheap for custom work!

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was seeing this thread with my wife and she saw this pink EX10. She was more excited than I'd ever been when I see a beautiful light . After some secs she saw a "sold" beside and got a bit nervous... :hairpull:

:laughing:

Great "take it" Lisa :)

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast

EDIT #2. Wouldn't let me add it to my cart. I have plenty of D10 clips, bit I think the back plate is a little longer. I'll keep searching.

I tried to add it to my cart too because I would rather have a new clip for my new light. But I'll make do.

I'm sorry your wife missed getting the Pink one Dioni, but I couldn't resist.

jslappa

Enlightened

I found a clip!!!!! :D There's a clip on my other EX10. It will be clip-less, but it's better to have the clip on the pink one.

Lisa, it looks like CFR has more in stock for $5 too. You may want to grab a new shiny one at that price. I just ordered 4 from them, and it went through. Site says they are in stock.
http://www.cfrlights.com/servlet/the-650/Pocket-Clip,-Nitecore-SmartPD/Detail

As for the Blue Titanium EX10, that's going to be my EDC ou of the lot now because I wrecked it. After putting the light back together, I couldn't unscrew the head from the body again. I figured since my Sig's were metal-on-metal that I couldn't hurt the light if I used a pair of pliers to open the light up. I forgot just how soft aluminum is, and I damaged the light. However, this gives me a unique opportunity to show you just how great Cerakote adheres to the Anodizing underneath. As you can see from the picture, there is absolutely no chipping or flaking. The only Cerakote finish removed is precisely where the peaks of the knurling were smashed. This finish is tough as nails. Just don't ry to scratch it with a nail! :laughing:
DSC_0432.jpg

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool! I have a new clip heading my way as well :)
Thanks Nake for the link.