Single AAA Prototype

Tom Anderson

Newly Enlightened
I was so satisfied with the performance of the Fenix™ LD05 penlight that I decided to stick with the same brand for the basis of this prototype.

Front view

SINGLE-AAA-PROTO-FRONT.jpg

Rear view

SINGLE-AAA-PROTO-REAR.jpg

Lens area

SINGLE-AAA-PROTO-LENS.jpg

It even works! :D

SINGLE-AAA-PROTO-ON.jpg

Beside the use of a single AAA battery, the base model light also functions differently than on my previous project. Instead of a push button switch in the back, you twist the front end of the L0D to select from 5 different functions: medium, low, high, strobe, and S.O.S.

I decided to take advantage of both carry options by including a pocket clip and a split ring. The factory split ring is small, so it doesn't get in the way of anything while carrying or using this light.

You'll notice several things are pretty much the same as on my recently modified penlight: I used the same pocket clip, there are ascending dots on the cap and nose piece, and the mid section has my "grenade" machining pattern for enhanced grip and control. The nosepiece is also extended to help protect the lens.

Although it's longer and heavier than the factory light, the package still remains relatively compact at about 4 1/8" long. And, it weighs less than 3 1/2 ounces - even with the battery installed.

Specifications:

Based upon the Fenix™ LOD Rebel 100

Functions: Low (9 lumens), Medium (26 Lumens), High (75 lumens), strobe, S.O.S.

Body: Machined from ø.750" 6AL4V titanium

Pocket Clip: 6AL4V titanium with stainless steel screws (also has split ring)

Overall length: 4 1/8"

Weight: 3.4 ounces (with battery)

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks really great like your other two lights :twothumbs. Keep on going ;).

rayman

Z-Tab

Enlightened
This is a zombie thread that got bumped after I linked to it in my sales thread over in Custom Ti B/S/T. I don't think Tom has made any flashlights in a couple of years. (Though there are clearly buyers out there...)