The New Nextorch K1 Quick look

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try as I could, no reviews on this light as yet after searching the web so I bought one,seems to have hit the dealers about the start of March 2010.This is not a review as I have not the tech skills yet to do that but regard this as a quick look.

Makers spec:-

Led SSC P9
Output 15 lumens
Runtime 150 Minutes
Battery Single AAA cell
Distance 98 feet/30 metres
Material: Aerospace grade aluminum 6061-T6 and stainless steel
Finish: II hard-anodized
Lens: Acrylic
Dimensions: 2.48" x 0.53" / 63 x 13.4mm (Head diameter 0.56" / 14.3mm)
Weight: 0.53oz / 15g (Battery excluded)

How it is Packed

NextorchK1b.jpg

Inside the box you get the light with a nice little s-biner,battery and a small set of instructions.
Instructions state to use silicon grease for lubrication of o rings and threads and to wash in fresh water to get rid of any seawater if used in the sea and dry by means of warm air,making sure everything is screwed down to make water tight.
The instructions also state a Lifetime Warranty and 12 months on I presume there rechargeable batteries.
Simple twist on/twist off switch.

Size Wise

NextorchK1d.jpg

In the pic my ITP A3 to show that the K1 is just a tad smaller.

Once packet was opened first impression was a nice made light and threads were clean and silky smooth,will add a dab of silicone grease a little later on.
Not really dark enough here yet to do a proper see in the dark test but in the dim light it has a nice beam and fills a room well enough for most average needs.

Cost wise I paid £14.95 with postage from the UK but I have seen them in the USA for about $14 dollars plus postage so the US members are paying in UK money about £9.

I will use this an an evening edc with the likes of my other small lights like the Fenix EO1 and bought for my collection of tiny single cell lights which I enjoy.

Well hope I did not bore you all and just my .10 cents worth of adding to our hobby.

Last edited:

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a nice looking little single mode AAA torch ... Does it actually say that it can be used under water or is it just splash-proof ?

If it is waterproof then it is a great price too ... I suppose that you could put it into a pint glass of water to test it (after you've finished your Guinness).

Couldn't really believe that it was smaller than the A3 till I saw your picture ... Does it have a clip fitted or just the S-shaped thing ?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a nice looking little single mode AAA torch ... Does it actually say that it can be used under water or is it just splash-proof ?

If it is waterproof then it is a great price too ... I suppose that you could put it into a pint glass of water to test it (after you've finished your Guinness).

Couldn't really believe that it was smaller than the A3 till I saw your picture ... Does it have a clip fitted or just the S-shaped thing ?

Yes is waterproof to a depth of 1 metre and there is just a clip that the s-biner attaches to,quick add on last night was to put a tiny split ring on the clip and attach the s-biner to that,hangs better on lanyard,I will try to get one of my customers to run me up a pocket clip as I intend to edc it in the daytime for a couple of weeks to see how it performs for my work needs.

radu1976

Enlightened
It's known that the MICROSTREAM has a SSC P9 .
Today I have received the K1 but its L.E.D. seems to be slightly different to the MICROSTREAM one ... do they have more versions for the SSC P9 ?
I will try to get some pics later , not sure how accurate my camera will be .

radu1976

Enlightened
OK , here there are .
The MICROSTREAM has a square center of the LED while the NEXTORCH has a round centre .

led2s.jpg

led1y.jpg

Also a size comparison with other AA and AAA lights . I can't belive how small the D.Q.G. SS AAA will be as long as it's 5mm shorter than the NEXTORCH K1 .

minilights.jpg

tam17

Enlightened
Oddly it seems that there's a more powerful version of K1 (32lm, 120min runtime). It's featured in three colours with full ANSI specs on a South African Nextorch website. I've searched for this version on other markets, but couldn't find it.

Cheers,

Tam

Torchaddict

Newly Enlightened
I LOVE this little light. It's one of the best keychain EDCs IMHO. The twist head is not removable, meaning that you'll never accidentally loose the head or turn it on. A nice feature that's lacking in all other lights of this size. The robust twisty never wears out unlike other cheap and small button flashlights. Can't recommend it enough, esp for the price. I would love to be able to find where to purchase the higher power, multi-color ones that tam17 is talking about.

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

tam17

Enlightened
K1 product info page on Nextorch website now features upgraded 40lm/100min version.

New colors available, too. All-black ano looks really cool...

34g0g8x.jpg

Cheers